ASD Level 1 : is a two part course to develop understanding of ASD and to begin to implement key strategies in the classroom.
This course will be offered twice across 2019/2020.
Dates & Times:
Part 1 : 27th January 2020
Part 2 : 9th March 2020
Time : 4.00 – 5.30pm
Musselburgh Primary Care Centre
Attendance at both session is mandatory. The first session will look at some underlying theories in ASD and key strategies. The second session will focus on putting the strategies into practice and reflecting on your own setting and the needs of specific pupils.
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Have an improved awareness and understanding of autism
- Understand the challenge of sensory processing preferences and there impact on the child’s ability to learn and participate in their everyday activities.
- Be aware of the communication and social interaction needs that the pupils have and understand some key strategies
- Be familiar with techniques and approaches for supporting pupils with autism in the classroom
- Use the reflective tool to look at outcomes and next steps in their practice
Session 1 :
- Myths and facts in Autism
- What is Autism?
- Sensory preferences
- Communication and Interaction
- Strategies and suggestions
Will focus on the reflective tool and will be led by the needs of the participants.
To book a place click here