Dates & Times
Session 1: Friday 4th October 2019, 1330 – 1530
Session 2: Tuesday 12th November 2019, 1700 – 1900
Session 3: Tuesday 14th January 2020, 1700 – 1900
Play Conference: Saturday 15th February 2020, TBC
Session 4: Tuesday 17th March 2020, 1700 – 1900 POSTPONED
Session 5: Tuesday 12th May 2020, 1700 – 1900
Windygoul Primary School
PEPP Talk (Professional Enquiry in Playful Pedagogies) – explore, enrich, elaborate.
PEPP Talk is an opportunity to:
- explore the multiple understandings of play, and consider their roots in values, theory and rights-based approaches
- enrich our knowledge of theoretical perspectives on play from a range of disciplines, bringing about our own critical discussion
- elaborate on what the idea of playful pedagogies might look like in our early learning and childcare settings and schools, by testing ideas in practice.
Our intention is that four of the key characteristics of play, as defined by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, will also be characteristics of PEPP Talk! These are fun, uncertainty, challenge and flexibility.
Over the course of five sessions, participants in PEPP Talk will:
- identify critical questions for practice (at a range of levels)
- develop focussed test-bed enquiries.
Participants will be expected to:
- commit to all five sessions and participation in the conference
- commit to completing tasks and reading between sessions
- engage with key texts
- be active participants in co-creating test-bed enquiries in settings
- capture the learning in ways that can be shared.