Developing Numeracy in Early Years
This course is over 3 sessions. Between sessions, participants will be asked to:
- Undertake reading
- Put their learning into practice in their own setting
- Make observations of children and their own practice and share with the group
- To develop practitioner’s knowledge and understanding around the conceptual development of young learners within a numeracy context.
- To explore the stages of numerical development and how these can be supported within the Early Years setting through enabling environments and responsive planning.
- To develop confidence in linking observations to The Curriculum for Excellence and The East Lothian Frameworks.
- To examine the role of the adult in supporting children’s conceptual development through play and real experiences.
- To provide practical ideas of how to develop this approach in your setting.
- To explore the value of Block Play to support children’s numerical and mathematical development and examine how to put this into practice.
Target audience: Practitioners in Early Learning and Childcare who have not attended the early year’s numeracy academy previously
Trainers: Wendy Hardie, Marianne McCron and Kathryn-Jane James
18th September 2019, 5.00-7.00 Townhouse, Haddington
30th October 2019, 5.00-7.00 Townhouse, Haddington
22nd January 2020, 5.00-7.00 Townhouse, Haddington
Book Your Place: You can book your place online for this 3-part course using Booking Live – Numeracy Academy