Inspiring Learning through Outdoor Play
Date: Wednesday 1st April 2020 POSTPONED
Time: 1630 – 1830
Venue: Preston Tower Primary School (formerly Prestonpans Infant School
The session will focus on how you can use the different areas of your Nursery Outdoor space to develop and extend children’s play and learning and their connection with the outdoors.
- The session will be as practical as possible and will be largely outdoors.
- Links to Experiences and Outcomes will be clearly signposted – including Health and Wellbeing; Technologies; Numeracy and Mathematics; Sciences; Literacy and English
To understand the pedagogy of Outdoor Learning
- To have a broad understanding of National and Local policy and guidance underpinning Outdoor Learning
- To understand the benefits of Outdoor Learning
- To understand and value Risk Benefits and the role of the adult in supporting children to build resilience
- To be able to link learning outdoors to the East Lothian Frameworks and Curriculum for Excellence
Note: This will be an outdoor session and all colleagues should come dressed appropriate for the weather on that day.
To book a place please click here.