Asthma & Severe Allergies
All staff working in an Education setting.
Benefits of attending
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Have an improved and up-to-date knowledge of asthma management in Schools
- Have a clear understanding of asthma and current treatments including administration and storage of medication in Schools
- Be confident in ability to deal with crisis management
- Be aware of the up-to-date information about the management of severe allergies in Schools
- Recognize allergen avoidance, early recognition of symptoms and emergency management
- Describe and demonstrate the method of administration of EpiPen
- Be aware of the need for a Health Care Plan and the responsibilities of all parties within the School environment
- What is asthma? Triggers, signs and symptoms of asthma
- Asthma medicines – how they work /administration and storage
- Emergency asthma management
- Asthma, PE and sporting activities
- What is anaphylaxis?
- Storage: Management in Schools
- Allergen avoidance.
- Emergency Management
- What to do in an allergic reaction?
- Who’s responsible for what?
- Want more information
- Practice with Trainer device
Tutor: Kate Triscott, School Nursing Team, NHS Lothian
To book a place click the links below: