Dates of Course:
Venue: Google Meet
Tutor: Fiona McNeill
Designed for: Staff working within early level
With a focus on child development and pre-literacy skills we will explore:
- Sensory Motor
- Relating to Others & Early Oral Language
- Play & Creativity
- Mark Making
- Importance of Sound Rhythm and Rhyme
- Print Awareness and Reading
Sessions will be supported by experts from Speech and Language, Physio and Occupational Therapy as well as practical ways of transferring into a P1class or nursery setting.
- Develop a deeper understanding of child development and how children acquire early literacy skills.
- Work collegiately across Early Level to promote an understanding of child development and links to Curriculum for Excellence.
- Plan focussed learning through play to help close the gaps and raise attainment in across Early Years.
- Promote high quality play experiences, interactions and spaces to embed literacy skills.
- Develop confidence in evidencing children’s progress and next steps.