Date & Time : 26th March 2021
13.15 – 1600
School based staff who supervise children and young people with epilepsy who need to refresh their training.
In order to attend the refresher training delegates must have completed the full Epilepsy training in the last 2 years.
Benefits of attending:
The course gives participants a basic understanding of epilepsy and all its implications. Participants will be trained to recognise seizures, to deal with them adequately and to respond to emergency situations with the use of medication, and will refresh their full training they previously gained.
On completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand epilepsy and its effects on children and young people
- Be able to carry out First Aid management of an epileptic seizure
- Be aware of the circumstances in which rectal, intranasal or intrabuccal medication should be given as an emergency First Aid procedure
- What is epilepsy? Causes of epilepsy & Different types of seizure patterns
- Psycho Social Implications
- First Aid and Management of Seizures
- Medication overview, Emergency medication practical session
- Issues emerging & Assessment
- Video – Seizures
On successful completion of the refresher training participants will have renewed their training which enables the candidate to administer Rectal Diazepam and nasal/buccal Midazolam
If you would like to book a place, please click here.