Policy Hub Scotland have arranged the following session:
Why sleep matters – educating young people on the importance of sleep
Date: Wednesday 06 June 2018
Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm
Venue: COSLA Conference Centre, Verity House, 19 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
Using a mix of presentations, existing examples of good practice and interactive roundtable sessions, the event will:
- examine sleep and the sleep cycle and explore why this is particularly important to teenagers
- consider the impact poor sleep can have on young people’s behaviours, their engagement in the classroom and their educational attainment
- explore the effects of social media and digital technologies on young people’s sleep
- highlight the benefits good sleep can have in helping young people maintain good mental health and wellbeing, particularly during times of increased stress or anxiety (such as around school exams) and explore the links between poor sleep and poor adolescent mental health
- provide delegates with ‘good sleep hygiene’ tips and ‘sleep education’ lesson plans that can be delivered to pupils.
Speakers confirmed so far:
Dr Christopher-James Harvey, Director of the TEENSLEEP Project & Associate Director (Sleep Medicine), Sleep and Circadian Neurosciences Institute, University of Oxford
Dr Heather Cleland Woods, Lecturer – School of Psychology, University of Glasgow
Tam Baillie, Speaker, trainer and consultant; formerly Scotland’s Commissioner for Children and Young People
Kirsten Russell, Research Assistant – School o f Psychological Sciences and Health, University of Strathclyde
More information – including the full conference outline, key themes to be covered throughout the day and background information on the speakers – can be found on the event webpage…
An early bird discount is available for this event. Guarantee your place to attend by completing booking by Friday 20 April 2018 and enjoy 20% off the cost of your tickets.
Book Now, Pay Later Option available for this Event
Book now to guarantee your place and take advantage of our flexible payment option which lets you choose to be invoiced for your attendance in the current or next financial year, whichever best suits your training budget.
Attend with colleagues…
Share this learning opportunity with colleagues, by taking advantage of the group booking discount. Book two delegates and get a third place at half-price.