Following a survey of CfE CPD needs I carried out last term amongst Secondary NQTs, I am currently offering three twilight sessions specifically for NQTs focusing on Curriculum for Excellence.
I am structuring the sessions around the outcomes of the survey which highlighted the top five priorities as being:
- I have an idea of what my lessons will be like once Curriculum for Excellence has been implemented fully.
- I understand what Curriculum for Excellence means for me and my pupils.
- I can make some changes in light of Curriculum for Excellence.
- I know how I can provide assessments which reflect the values and principles of Curriculum for Excellence.
- I understand the relationship between Curriculum for Excellence and Assessment is for Learning.
You can view the powerpoint I’m using at the twilight sessions above (or download it here) and you can download the documents mentioned in the powerpoint below:
- BtC1 page 20
- BtC5 Summary
- AifL Triangle
- Planning proforma adapted from NAR content development process
I’m planning to add photographs of the group work from each session to this post. The first of the sessions took place on Wednesday 24th February for NQTs from Knox Academy & Ross High School and you can view their thoughts below:
The second session was on Monday 1st March at Dunbar Grammar. You can see the outcomes below:
The final session took place on Wednesday 10th March at Musselburgh Grammar: