Welcome back to school everyone – hope you had a great summer despite the rain!
As you know, we have three in-service days this year as one of them is our extra CfE in-service for Assessment & Moderation. So, what could you do with this extra day? Here’s a few potential resources.
Last session we put together a series of workshop activities which all relate to CfE Assessment & Moderation. These can be used to guide in-service activities. There’s lots here so the idea is that you would modify it and only use what is appropriate for your context. Download the materials as a .zip file by clicking here.
Some of the sessions in the above pack refer to the Assessment Exemplars on the LTS Website. These could also be used in isolation using the guides produced by LTS, or simply by staff logging on and reviewing some of the exemplars. To access the site, click here.
Building the Curriculum 5
The BtC5 documents can also be used as a CPD resource. The above workshops include these, but you could use the documents in other ways instead. Don’t forget that the new Reporting document is now available as well. You can download BtC5 here and the new Reporting document is here.
How We Learn
You could also incorporate the fantastic video from Stoneyhill Primary School below. You could perhaps watch the video and then discuss the reflective questions which follow.
Some questions for reflection having watched the video:
- How does the teacher involve the pupils in their assessment?
- What are the pupils learning? What skills are they developing?
- How is the teacher offering personalisation and choice?
- What impact do you think this has on the pupils?
- What impact do you think this has on the teacher?
- How common do you think this approach is in this classroom?
- What would be the impact if these pupils’ next teacher didn’t provide them with these opportunities?
- How could you adapt your practice in light of this video?
If you need any support with anything related to any of this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!