Education Scotland, the new national body responsible for supporting quality and improvement in learning and teaching from early years to adult and community learning, has recently published the first issue of its newsletter. The link to the newsletter and to other areas, for example support and resources for teaching and learning, can be found on the front page of the Education Scotland web site www.educationscotland.gov.uk
Check out the new edubuzz blog from Roots and Fruits: https://www.edubuzz.org/rootsandfruits/
East Lothian Roots and Fruits is a community-based project that aims to engage with local people and promote the benefits of healthy eating through access to affordable fresh produce and education.
Have a look and the newly updated School Milk Project Website: www.schoolmilk.co.uk
- All our services, support and materials are free to Schools and Local Authorities.
- We provide schools with free advice and information on the easiest way to encourage their pupils to drink milk and can also assist them in achieving a healthier school status.
- In specific regions, we can provide free assemblies and classroom talks on milk production, healthy balanced diet and active lifestyles.
- We share best practice ideas, link schools with local RHET supported farms, to assist with the Curriculum Outdoors; particularly related to visiting farm experiences supporting the National Outdoor Learning framework.
- We develop free essential, curriculum-linked educational resources in accordance with guidelines as set out by the Department of Health and the Food Standards Agency for schools, which help educate children about dairy farming, milk production and the importance of a healthy balanced diet.