This set of writing criteria, set out in writing genres and Curriculum for Excellence levels, is intended to support staff as they assess writing. They are not intended to replace planning, but rather to prompt staff about the areas of writing and progression that might be appropriate to assess.
Each genre criteria can be printed as an A3 sheet. Schools may adapt these sheets for their own needs.
Please continue to send any comments, etc., about these writing criteria sheets to Mary Howie.
- Functional Writing – Instructions > Word PDF
- Functional Writing – Letter > Word PDF
- Functional – Poster/Leaflet > Word PDF
- Functional – Report > Word PDF
- Functional – News Article > Word PDF
- Imaginative – Story > Word PDF
- Imagined Personal Response > Word PDF
- Personal Account/Report/Letter > Word PDF
- Poetry > Word PDF
The signposts below are intended to act as a guide for staff to aid planning. They are not intended to be an exhausitve planning tool for language but to inform the direction of travel through CfE. Any comments should be emailed to Mary Howie.