How can we easily publish not just text, audio and video, but also supporting data? One possibility is to store the data in a public Google Spreadsheet, and embed a view of that in the blog.
Here’s an example of how this might work for sharing a database (spreadsheet) of skills, a project that I was exploring with Kathy McGrane and Pauling Inglis yesterday: https://www.edubuzz.org/leadersoflearning/view-skills-database/. This is part of the ACfE Principal Teachers as Leaders of Learning work.
- embedding in the blog posts, or page, lets you make the data visible to your blog’s visitor
- easy shared updating of the data via the Google Docs system
- visitors can go to the public spreadsheet and get access to the data if they want to sort it, report it etc
- this can’t be done through the user interface, the blog’s template needs to be modified – but it’s fairly quick
- because the data is stored with Google, we need to be careful about information security