In S1 Technologies we offer a combined course with
This course includes:
- how to know the dangers you may be faces with
- Viruses, Hacking, Phishing
If you are worried or would like to report any of the above see your Guidance teacher or head onto the following website: thinkuknow.co.uk for more information.
- The difference between a bitmap and vector graphic
- pixel sprites – more practice: www.piskelapp.com
- vector graphics – more practice: vectr.com
- Bitmap black and white graphics calculations
Why do Businesses Exist:
- Needs and wants
- Good and services
- What is an entrepreneur
We focus on looking at the ethics behind running a business and what policies big companies have.
In our school workshop you will create a sound amplifier.
Programming and robotics with the BBC micro-bit:
WHY SHOULD I LEARN TO PROGRAM?
- Programmes are in high demand
- Programming allows you to better understand the world around you. – Do you know how your smartphones, laptops, social media or video games work? learning to code can help you appreciate this.
- Programming is fun and satisfying
- Coding improves creativity
- Coding improves problem solving.
If you would like to buy your own micro-bit head onto the following website: kitronik.co.uk
Then challenge yourself with the programs on the BBC micro-bit website.
The final project…. Dragon’s Den
All S1 classes compete against each other to get to pitch their idea to a set of dragons. This year they involved people from industry (IBM, Canon, RBS).
They vote and decide based on the groups idea and pitch who they would invest in.