Update for this week: Friday 22nd January
Online Learning Information
- Education Scotland are conducting a review of remote learning reaching out to local authorities, schools, parents, carers and learners. Their two surveys for parents/carers and learners are now live and the links can be found on the following page:
About the national overviews of practice | National overviews | COVID-19 education recovery | National Improvement HubPlease note that both surveys close on Monday 25 January at 12 noon.
- This is the link to a DGS Remote Learning Guide. It has lots of advice and links to help families navigate remote learning. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R8J0Kc02EF4VxqEFMxu0XhzWWnKotOCfasLym6G7H4o/edit?usp=sharing
- Google Class Codes
- Guardian Summary Setup Letter. PLEASE NOTE: Your son /daughter must give their consent before we can enable this feature.
- G Suite Induction – https://sites.google.com/edubuzz.org/dgs-g-suite-induction/home
- Scholar – Students login here: www.scholar.hw.ac.uk
- Instructions for logging in video: https://youtu.be/6jILx4X0CeM
- Introduction to courses video: https://youtu.be/IB0fqQyTLas
- E-Sgoil leaflet
Other Information / Opportunities
To all in S3
As most of you will know, I have been offering a short careers interview to all S3 students to help with the course choices you will be asked to make later this term.
I have enjoyed meeting with you all in person but of course, that is not possible at the moment. With that in mind, I have given links to useful areas on the My World of Work website. If you have not already done so it is very easy to register. This is the link: https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/account/register#/
This link: https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/my-career-options/where-can-subject-choices-take-you will take you to the subject choices section. Here you can type in up to 6 subjects you may be interested in and the site will suggest lots of careers using those subjects. It may suggest hundreds so just scroll through or click on the career area you are interested in. An example of this might be science careers.
This is a very short video which gives step by step instructions on how to use the subject choice tool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OsbrNWrch9s
You may already have some ideas about which careers you are interested in but would like more information and the explore careers area of My world of Work is where you will find that.
This is the link https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/my-career-options/job-categories
I hope these links will be useful, even for the students I have already seen. If we have not yet met for a careers interview and you would like to speak to me, please just email me with a contact phone number and I will call you at an arranged time.
Lynn Telford, email@example.com
Careers Adviser for Dunbar Grammar School
Skills Development Scotland
- ELW Virtual Information Events – Foundation Apprenticeships
- College Applications
- JP Morgan Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeships – Edinburgh and Haddington
- Apprentice Finishing Carpenter – job spec
- JD – Apprentice Finishing Carpenter