Course Choice Information for 2020-2021 can be viewed: here
A reminder of our severe weather policy: https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/parental-information/severe-weather-info/
On Monday we welcomed our new Depute Headteacher, Duncan McBride.
Current S3 Course Choice Information
S3 Coursing Interviews have been taking place this week. If you have any issues regarding the final choices, please contact your son/daughter’s Guidance Teacher in the first instance.
Current S4/S5 Course Choice Information
Coursing for S4 and S5 students is taking place from next week Tuesday 25 February – Monday 2nd March.
On Wednesday 19 February, we hosted Happy Fest, an evening of free entertainment organised by our LGBT+ allies group. Everyone agreed that it was a resounding success! Well done to everyone involved!
S2 Activities Week 2020
Please note if paying by instalments, that the next payment is now due.
S6 students will finish on Friday 24 April. Exam leave for relevant students will commence on Monday 27 April (the first exam is Monday 27 April). The Leavers’ Ceremony will be on Friday 24 April.
University of Oxford, Residential Summer School Sunday 21 June to Friday 26 June 2020
We are delighted to announce that East Lothian Council will be collaborating with Exeter College and St Benet’s College, of The University of Oxford on a fully funded residential experience, for two S3 pupils from each of East Lothian’s secondary schools. The successful candidates will become Oxford students from Sunday 21st June to Friday 26th June 2020. More information can be read here: Oxford Summer School
Dates for Your Diary
|Senior Parent/Carer Consultation Evening – S4,5,6||Thurs 20 & Mon 24 Feb|
|S4/5 Coursing Interviews||Tues 25 Feb– Mon 2 March|
|Author visit||Mon 2 March|
|English Prelims – RUAE||Mon 2 – Thurs 5 March|
Also, see our latest information sheet for students: Info Sheet
Other information, events and opportunities:
Edinburgh College Open Day Dates and Times
- 22 February 2020 10.00 am – 2.00 pm – Sighthill Campus
- 29 February 2020 10.00 am – 2.00 pm – Midlothian Campus
For more information about our courses contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 669 4400.
- Pre Jobs Roadshow 2020
- Ernst & Young Insight Day – 23rd March, Edinburgh
- KPMG opportunities
- Hey Girls Job Ad
- Seasons for Growth Adult Programme
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Family Info Sessions
- Music and Mathematics on the Edge
- NHS Lothian Summer Placement Poster
- NHS Lothian Summer Placement Application Form
Nursery enrolment: Enrol your child by 6 March 2020
Families with a child born between 1 March 2017 and 28 February 2018 are being encouraged to enrol their child in nursery before 6 March 2020 for 2020/21.
Older children, or those who have not yet registered for an early learning and childcare place, should also register by this date.
To register for a place:
- Visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/nurseryenrolment and find out about the different options available in council nursery settings from August 2020.
- Download a nursery registration form from the website.
- Complete the form and take it to your preferred (first) choice nursery. You should also take your child’s birth certificate.
- If you are choosing a blend of more than one provider, apply to your council nursery first and then speak to your funded provider – private nursery, childminder or community group – about what hours you would like from them.
- Make sure your application is in before 6 March 2020. Applications will still be accepted after this date, but they will not be considered in the first allocation process. Please get in touch with the Early Years and Childcare team if you have any questions or you can’t register by 6 March 2020.
- 01620 827872/01620 828786/ 01620 820186
If your son/daughter is absent from school, please send a message detailing the reason for absence and anticipated date of return to 07860 049 053.You can still contact us by telephone or email if you prefer.
Payments to the School – Schoolpay
A reminder that payments are cashless for regular payments. Parents and carers should sign up to SchoolPay. The school office will be able to help you to sign up, if you need assistance, just ask. You can also contact the dedicated On Line Payments team on Tel: 01620 827562 or email email@example.com who will be happy to help you. Please see the attached letter: Letter