End of term
I would just like to wish all of our students and their families a happy and healthy summer break. I have been so impressed with the positivity, adaptability and resilience of our young people over the last session. Throughout the year they have embodied our values of Respect, Inclusion, Support and Effort. They have absolutely RISEn to all challenges and the staff at DGS are immensely proud of them.
I would also like to say thank you to our caring, committed and hardworking staff team. They have worked tirelessly to support our students both within and out with the classroom. I would also like to wish staff and their families and relaxing and fun summer break.
Today we said farewell to the following staff:
- Fiona Baker, RME NQT
- Lindsay Baldwin, English
- Jade Brailsford, Biology NQT
- Gillian Carnie, PE
- Loren Courtney, HE
- Marie Devillers, Biology
- Anas Ehsan, Chemistry
- Laura Hunter, Home Economics NQT
- Laura Illingworth, Modern Studies
- Gregor Laird, Art NQT
- Rebecca Logan, Geography NQT
- Calum Mackie, English
- Orla McGowan, English NQT
- Rebecca Miller, History NQT
- Lise Montane, French NQT
- Rebecca Philipson, English NQT
- Niamh Shepherd, PE NQT
- Caitlin Wilkinson, PE NQT
- Anna Wyatt, Pupil Support Worker
I look forward to welcoming all students back to school on Wednesday 18th August.
If your young person tests positive for COVID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information sent out this week
- Uniform Letter June 2021
- Provisional Grades for Nat 5, Higher, AH
The bands are as follows:
- A1 (A band 1) – an upper A
- A2 (A band 2) – a lower A
- B3 (B band 3) – an upper B
- B4 (B band 4) – a lower B
- C5 (C band 5) – an upper C
- C6 (C band 6) – a lower C
- D7 (D band 7) – a narrow pass
SQA Appeals 2021
Information about this service and the appeals process is available from here: https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/79049.html
Student Leadership Team
Well done to our Head Students:
- Jessica Walker 6C2
- Abigail Sheridan 6C3
and our Deputy Head Students:
Elise Allan 6C2: Communications
Elise will organise the yearbook, be chair of the yearbook committee and send out any information to students on behalf of the senior student team throughout the year.
Skye Crawford 6C6: Support
Skye will be involved with any events, initiatives or ideas around support, mental health and will focus on supporting younger years especially as they transition into senior phase.
Maya Gent 6C4: Events
Maya will be the chair of the prom committee and will have the responsibility of organising our prom/ leavers ceremony and any other events around school.
Jack Moore 6C1: Prefects & Student Council
Jack will be in charge of helping to organise prefect roles and will work as co-chair of the student council to ensure that we co-operate with the council and incorporate their views too.
- Online Testing Consent Form (google.com)
- Testing Consent Form – for printing
- Asymptomatic community testing in East Lothian | Asymptomatic community testing in East Lothian | East Lothian Council
Library books can be handed in to any library over the summer.
Other Information / Opportunities
- Rebellious Threads! Jo McNamara from Sustaining Dunbar will be running Rebellious Threads sessions at Lauderdale on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 till 4.00. The sessions will be great for families but also for anyone who wants to do some fabric printing and remaking garments. Photography and film making projects are also planned and can be developed with interested students!Head over to their website: rebelliousthreads.co.uk for more information.
- 21-06-22 Information Sheet
- Vacancy newsletter 16072021
- Child Trust Fund Scotland virtual event
- Modern Apprenticeship – Hospitality
- Fringe by the Sea Art Event
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/