Battlefields Paperwork Amendment
Please note that the correct website for European Health Cards is : www.nhs.uk/ehic
Please do not use the website on the paperwork as you will be charged.
Please see the attached letter from the Head of Education regarding the Common School Day: Parents Common School Day
Please find attached an updated leaflet promoting 1st Response which offers support to those in distress or in crisis. They provide face-to-face support throughout East Lothian, Monday – Friday.
Please note that how people access this support has changed from a drop in service to an appointment system. An appointment can be made by phoning 07966 526 452.
Our Prelims are underway, a reminder of the information can be seen here: https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/prelim-diet-2019/
- On Monday 7 January Jayanti Simpson, Maths Teacher, started with us on a Monday and Tuesday.
- On Monday 7 January Rebecca Fox started as our new full time Music Teacher.
- On Monday 7 Izzie Kerr started as our new full time Drama Teacher.
Current S4 & S5 Subject Choice Parent/Carers’ Information Evening
This is on Tuesday 22 January at 6pm; letters will be going home with current S4 & S5 students: S4 S5 Subject Choice Evening
S4/5 Selection Process Timeline:
- January/February – Information in PSE
- Tuesday 22 January – S4/5 Parent/Carers’ Information Evening
- Course Choice Booklets available on our website and Likely Levels of Study issued on 8 February
- Thursday 21 February – S4 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Tuesday 26 February – S5 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Monday 25 – Wednesday 27 Feb – S4 Coursing Interviews
- Thursday 28 Feb – Fri 1 March – S5 Coursing Interviews
Current S3 Course Choice Parent/Carers’ Information
The Information Evening is on Thursday 24 January; letters will be given to students: S3 Subject Choice Evening. It is an opportunity for students/parents/carers to find out more information regarding the selection of courses for the senior phase. The evening will include some presentations. Prior to and after this meeting, students will be researching course options and possible pathways and discussing the whole process during PSE classes. We will be inviting students with their parents/carers to an interview where they will have the opportunity to ask any final questions and make final selections.
S3 Selection Process Timeline:
- January/February – Information in PSE
- 24 Thursday January 6pm – S3 Parent/Carers’ Information Evening
- Course Choice Booklets available on the school website and Likely Levels of Study issued on 25 Jan
- Wednesday 6 February – S3 Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- 19 – 22 February – S3 Coursing Interviews
The Scottish Schools Athletics Event
All students who are entering The Scottish Schools Athletics Event in February, please can they hand their entry forms to Mr Marnoch, DGS Active School Coordinator, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Doors Event at Dunbar Grammar School
On Saturday 26 January we will hold an Open Doors Event from 10am until 1pm. We would like to invite students, past and present, their families and the wider community to pop in and see our new school.
S2 reports were handed to students on Thursday 10 January. If you have any queries, please contact your son/daughter’s Guidance Teacher.
Instrumental Music Service
Unfortunately our guitar Instructor, Mr Day, is currently absent from work and will not be in school for the next month.
Please note; if a student misses an instrumental lesson due to the absence of the instructor, enquiries regarding the refunding of payment should be made to Andrew McCulloch, East Lothian Council Business Support Officer, tel: 01620 827491.
Information Update (URGENT)
We still have several outstanding Seemis forms, which are required to be checked by parent/carers, updated as appropriate, signed and returned, with email addresses. We also need the Emergency Closure form.
We also have several outstanding PC1s which were due back for each student; copies can be downloaded here: Blanket PC1
DGS calendar for the year: 2018-19 Calendar
Assemblies Next Week
- Monday – S1 in Games Hall
- Tuesday – S2 in Games Hall
- Wednesday – S3 in Games Hall
- Thursday – S4 in Games Hall
- Friday – S5/6 in Games Hall
Dates for Your Diary
|Prelim Examinations||Mon 7 – Mon 21 Jan|
|Modern Languages Business Brunch||Tues 15 Jan|
|Construction Challenge Trip||Thurs 17 Jan|
|S4/5 Parents’ Course Choice Evening||Tues 22 Jan|
|S3 Parents’ Course Choice Evening||Thurs 24 Jan|
|Open Doors Event||Sat 26 Jan|
|S4 – S6 “How To Pass” Evening||Thurs 31 Jan|
|Safer Internet Day||Tues 5 Feb|
|S3 Parents’ Consultation Evening||Wed 6 Feb|
|Break for February holiday||Fri 8 Feb|
|S3 Coursing||Tues 19 – Fri 22 Feb|
|S4 Parents’ Consultation Evening||Thurs 21 Feb|
|S5/6 Parents’ Consultation Evening||Tues 26 Feb|
|S4 Coursing||Mon 25 – Wed 27 Feb|
|S5 Coursing||Thurs 28 Feb – Fri 1 March|