Welcome back to all students and staff. We hope you had a good break.
Reminder – Battlefields
S3 students going to Battlefields need to apply for their European Health cards by the end of January.
We have now introduced a text number to send details of students’ absences. If your son/daughter is absent from school, please send a message detailing the reason for absence and anticipated date of return to 07860 049 053.
You can still contact us by telephone or email if you prefer.
S3 reports were handed to students today, Friday 10 January. If you have any queries, please contact your son/daughter’s Guidance Teacher.
Prelim Diet 2020
Our prelims are underway.
What is Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)?
This is a week’s long residential incorporating outdoor skills and leadership development. This is paid for by the Rotary Club in Dunbar. This is open to S5 students who will be aged 15-17 in July.
It also counts as a residential for the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award.
The dates are below:
- Boys’ Week: Saturday 18-25 July
- Girls’ Week: Saturday 11-18 July
If you would like to put your name forward or if you would like more information, please see Miss Williams by Monday 27 January.
There will be a short interview with one of the Rotary representatives after this date.
Current S3, S4 & S5 Subject Choice Parent/Carers’ Information Evening
This is on Tuesday 21 January at 6pm; letters will be going home with current S3-S5 students next week. It is an opportunity for students/parents/carers to find out more information regarding the selection of courses for the senior phase. The evening will include some presentations.
Prior to and after this meeting, students will be researching course options and possible pathways and discussing the whole process during PSE classes. We will be inviting students with their parents/carers to a Coursing Interview where they will have the opportunity to ask any final questions and make final selections.
Selection Process Timeline:
- January/February – Information in PSE
- Tuesday 21 January – S3/4/5 Parent/Carers’ Information Evening
- Course Choice Booklets available on our website and Likely Levels of Study issued on 27 January for S3
- Course Choice Booklets available on our website and Likely Levels of Study issued on 7 February for S4 and S5
- Thursday 20 & Monday 24 Feb– Senior Parent/Carer Consultation Evening
- Tuesday 18 Feb– Friday 21 Feb – S3 Coursing Interviews
- Tuesday 25 Feb– Monday 2 March – S4/5 Coursing Interviews
S2 Activities Week 2020
Please note if paying by instalments, that the next payment is now due.
Assemblies next week
- Monday – S1 in Games Hall
- Tuesday – S2 in Games Hall
- Wednesday –S3 in Games Hall
- Thursday – S4 in Games Hall
- Friday – S5/6 Games Hall
Dates for Your Diary
|Prelims||Wed 8 – Thurs 23 Jan|
|Primary STEM afternoon||Thurs 16, Wed 22, Thurs 23 Jan|
|Senior Phase Choices Eve||Tues 21 Jan|
|S2 to S3 Curriculum Eve||Thurs 23 Jan|
|Torness Trip||Tues 28 Jan|
|S3 Parent/Carers Consultation Eve||Tues 28 Jan|
|DGSC meeting||Thurs 30 Jan|
Also, see our latest information sheet for students: Info Sheet
- Student volunteer opportunity – ELSNP
- S3-6 students who could benefit from a challenge/residential experience in the Scottish mountain wonderland this winter, see https://www.edubuzz.org/eloes/2019/12/12/winter-adventure-residential-weekends-in-the-cairngorms/ Parents can book on directly at www.eastlothian.gov.uk/outdoorlearningbookings
- Skills for Work Jan2020
Payments to the School – Schoolpay
A reminder that payments are cashless for regular payments. Parents and carers should sign up to SchoolPay. The school office will be able to help you to sign up, if you need assistance, just ask. You can also contact the dedicated On Line Payments team on Tel: 01620 827562 or email email@example.com who will be happy to help you. Please see the attached letter: Letter
Show My Homework
All students from S1-S3 should now be using Show My Homework regularly to access and submit their homework. Parents and carers also have access to view homework. Log in details can be obtained from the school office. Letters with details have been given to students who have not yet logged in.