Update for this week: Friday 19th February
- 2021 S2 Curriculum Evening Presentation
- Letter from Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director- 18 February
- Letter from Lesley Brown, Executive Director – Education & Children’s Services
- DGS Phased Return Feb 2021
- S2 – Parent Consultation Letter
- S3 Interview letters
- Course Choice Information 2021 – 2022 https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/course-choice-information/
Message from Pupil Support – Police Scotland have asked us to circulate the attached in the interest of looking out for the safety of all young people in our community : Safeguarding Newsletter for Schools Parents and Carers
Online Learning Information
- This is the link to a DGS Remote Learning Guide. It has lots of advice and links to help families navigate remote learning. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R8J0Kc02EF4VxqEFMxu0XhzWWnKotOCfasLym6G7H4o/edit?usp=sharing
- Google Class Codes
- Guardian Summary Setup Letter. PLEASE NOTE: Your son /daughter must give their consent before we can enable this feature.
- G Suite Induction – https://sites.google.com/edubuzz.org/dgs-g-suite-induction/home
- Scholar – Students login here: www.scholar.hw.ac.uk
- Instructions for logging in video: https://youtu.be/6jILx4X0CeM
- Introduction to courses video: https://youtu.be/IB0fqQyTLas
- E-Sgoil leaflet
Other Information / Opportunities
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
- Engineering apprenticeships: https://www.mactag.com/careers/apprenticeships
- Careers Evenings for Parents and Carers
- ELW Virtual Information Events – Foundation Apprenticeships
Helping your child with S2/3 subject choices – support for parents and carers
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is offering parents and carers an online opportunity to find out more about how they can help their child make their S2/3 subject choices for the Senior Phase. Scotland’s national skills agency has organised the virtual session on Thursday 25 February which will also give parents and carers information about accessing a wide range of SDS support.
Careers advisers Joan Duncan and Gemma Smith will be providing expert advice for parents and carers of young people in S2 and S3.
Joan said: “Thinking about what options to choose at school can be daunting for young people and their parents and carers. As well as this session, SDS also has a Subject Choices tool on SDS’s My World of Work website which helps pupils explore where options choices can take them.
“It gives young people and their parents and carers the opportunity to explore job profiles, industries, Foundation and Modern Apprenticeships, refine their search by what someone is most interested in and use the tool as many times as they like to find out more about different options. There are other tools to try and the more tools you try, the better career suggestions we can give.”
This virtual event, which is from 6.30pm until 7.15pm, will also have a question and answer session. To take part please register here.