- Online Testing Consent Form (google.com)
- Testing Consent Form – for printing
- Asymptomatic community testing in East Lothian | Asymptomatic community testing in East Lothian | East Lothian Council
From Monday 31st May, until the timetable changes on 14th June, S4/5 students will remain in their current timetabled classes but will be able to start some preparatory work for their courses for next year via Google classroom.
S6 students and S4/5 who are leaving school will be able to complete a leavers form after their last assessment. They will not need to attend school after their final assessment.
If you have any matters around assessments which they would like to discuss or require any advice or support, they should not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Leavers’ Ceremony 2021
Please see the attached letter which has been sent to S6 students: Leavers ceremony 2021.
Unfortunately due to current restrictions we are unable to invite parents and carers this year.
Parent Council Meeting (DGSC)
The next Parent Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st June at 7pm on Google Meet. Parents and carers are warmly invited to attend. If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a meeting invite will be sent to you.
Inter-house Chess Competition
Chess Club is up and running on a Thursday Lunchtime in M14, open to all S1-6! We will begin our annual Inter-House Competition this Thursday, 3rd June. To sign up for the competition and a chance to win points for your house, pass your name to Mr Robertson in room M14 before Thursday.
Duke of Edinburgh Award at DGS
Any questions regarding DofE please get in contact with Mr Martin.
Change of Timetable
East Lothian Council has confirmed that the school will change timetable on Monday 14 June 2021.
Stars of the Week
The winners for this week are below:
Terry Brown IT Officer (SUPPORT and EFFORT)
Terry constantly goes above and beyond for everyone at DGS. He is unfailingly helpful and supports staff all over the school. If someone just mentions a wee issue to Terry, he will always come up with a practical solution. This week he has worked so hard issuing laptops all over the school, answering a range of questions and supporting staff. He is always thinking of ways to come up with creative IT solutions. Terry is immensely kind, patient and does so much for the school (he is also quite the artist!). Thank you!
Kenny Beaton PE (SUPPORT and RESPECT)
Student nominations said:
- ‘Great teacher who is willing to help you in his own time, also can get down to your level and shows a level of respect.’
- ‘He helped me when I had a panic attack and got my breathing back to normal, helping me immensely’
- ‘He is a great PE teacher who is always really kind and funny. He is just a really good teacher’
Staff nomination said
- ‘Mr Beaton is such a supportive member of staff. As a colleague, he is always so approachable and professional with any matter discussed. This year I have noticed how dependable he is with our pupils and the effort he puts in to ensure they feel supported. He absolutely deserves a staff star of the week!’
Reece Sim S5 (Effort and Support)
- ‘Reece is like a ray of Sunshine in DGS. He passes my door every day and asks if I want the register taken down to the office. He is always pleasant and wishes us all a good day, always with a smile. I hope he knows just how much we appreciate his kindness and manners’
Reece also has 2 nominations from fellow students!
- ‘Reece always puts 110% effort into his Higher Computing classwork and always helps out the class when anyone in the class is struggling with a question. We all think that Reece deserves star of the week or this!’
- ‘He puts in loads of effort in computing, helps the class. Contributes loads and tries his best. Has helped me a lot with my programming and computer systems. Helped me with my work when I was stuck’
Well done Reece, you are truly a star!
Katelyn Wilson S5 (Support)
- I have always admired how kind and supportive Katelyn is to those around her. She always puts others before herself and never fails to throw you a smile or ask you how you are as she passes you in the corridor. Katelyn definitely deserves a star of the week for her supportive nature. The world would be a much kinder place if we had a couple more Katelyn Wilsons.
You are truly a star Katelyn!
Please can outstanding library books be handed in to the librarian or the school office.
Other Information / Opportunities
- 21-05-25 Information Sheet
- Modern Apprenticeship – Hospitality
- Fringe by the Sea Art Event
- Recruitment morning poster – Nursery May 2021
- Job Vacancy – Modern Apprenticeship Dunbar Childcare
- Civic week best dressed Rules 2021
- Civic Week 2021 competition poster
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/