Please note that we have been experiencing problems with our telephones. If they are not working, please email email@example.com with any queries
How To Pass Evening
Please see the following presentations from the How To Pass Evening:
- Business Management
- Chemistry – Nat 5/Higher
- English – Nat 5
- English – Higher
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Geography – Nat 5/Higher
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- Modern Studies – Nat 5
- Music Technology – Nat 5/Higher
- Photography – Higher
- PE – Higher
- Physics – Nat 5/Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
Children in Need
We have been fund-raising today for Children in Need, holding various events, including dress down for £1, cake competition, ice dunk and “Gunge-a-Teacher”.
We would just like to remind all parents and carers that to contact a member of staff, emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We would ask that parents and carers do not send emails to staff EduBuzz accounts.
Session Dates 2021 – 2022
Following approval at the meeting of the Council’s Cabinet committee on 9 November 2021 and subsequent approval from Scottish Government for an exceptional school closure, an additional day’s leave has been granted to mark the occasion of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on Friday 3 June 2022. Updated session dates: ELC School dates 2021-2022 calendar format – Revised Nov 2021
Consultation to Scottish Government on The Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Act 2021
Please can you complete the following survey regarding The Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Act 2021?
Consultation will end on 14th January 2022
Learning Estate Review – UPDATE
The council is sharing detailed information on its school buildings with a new website giving a full picture of its estate at individual school, cluster and East Lothian level.
The website brings together information on the condition, suitability and capacity of existing schools and the council is keen to hear the views of families, communities and learners.
The events are part of the development of a Learning Estate Investment Plan for East Lothian. The plan will set out the council’s investment priorities for its schools to make sure that all facilities support high quality teaching and learning equally across the county, and to outline the investment needed for this to happen. It will also consider how school buildings support community use.
You can share your feedback by:
- Visiting the website and completing an online survey
- Emailing the Learning Estate team
- Attending an online drop-in session to give your views directly.
The feedback will be analysed alongside the results of the online questionnaire that was held in February and presented at a future council meeting.
For more information, including dates of event in your area and a link to the questionnaire, visit www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ler
Teenage Booster and Meningitis ACWY Vaccinations
- Vaccination consent packs will be given to pupils in S3 and S4 next week. Packs are also sent out for older pupils who have not yet received their vaccinations.
- The Teenage Boosters Programme was cancelled in 2021 due to school closures, and we will be offering in 2022 to all pupils who missed out on an offer last year.
- Every year, pupils in S3 are offered the Teenage Booster to complete their lifelong protection, through Routine immunisations against Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio. Older pupils who have not yet taken up the offer are also offered an opportunity to come forward for vaccination.
- In addition to the Teenage Booster vaccination, all S3 pupils are recommended a Meningitis ACWY This protects against several strains of meningitis. The offer is also made to older pupils who are not immunised.
- Please read the letter in the consent pack, discuss the vaccinations with your child and return completed and signed consent forms to school by 03 December 2021.
- See NHS Inform for more information on vaccines for young people (available in various languages and formats) and young people, immunisations and consent for teenagers.
- See You Tube Public Health Scotland video on consent
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
Other Information / Opportunities
- Lost Property – we have a large amount of lost property at present. Students who have lost items of clothing should come to the school office, as left items will be recycled at Christmas.
- 21-11-16 Information Sheet
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants | Free school meals and clothing grants | East Lothian Council
- Vacancy Newsletter – 22112021
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Schools Asymptomatic Testing Programme
- Students over the age of 12 can sign up themselves and those under 12 require parental consent. If any student would like to sign up, but has not already done so should complete the form: online consent form
- The link for recording results is here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Going to School – COVID 19 – Oct 2021 Toolkit
- The Parent Club webpage on testing is here: COVID-19 testing for staff and pupils | Parent Club.
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30pm on Google Meet.
Meetings are run by the Parent Council and attended by Mrs Slowther, a Depute Head Teacher, a Teacher representative and the Senior Student Leaders.
At each meeting we also invite a Principal Teacher to come along and share information about both their Faculty and area of whole school responsibility, and have an additional general topic for discussion.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation||Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Tues 14th Dec 2021||Emma Claus
|Broad General Education (BGE) curriculum review|
|Wed 12th Jan 2022
|Suzanne Hamilton (Social Subjects)||Approaches to developing confidence and wider skills|
|Thurs 10th Feb 2022
|Promoting respect – positive relationships|
|Wed 9th Mar 2022||Clair Fruish
|Support and challenge in teaching and learning|
|Wed 6th Apr 2022||Ian Davies
|Equality, Diversity and Inclusion|
|Thurs 5th May 2022||Paul Sutherland
(Health and Wellbeing)
|ELC Anti-Bullying policy|
|Wed 8th June 2022||Elaine Taylor (Technologies)||Teacher cover provision|
- COVID19 vaccines for 12-15 year olds will not be delivered via schools. The link below gives locations for drop-ins:
- More information can be read here: www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccineyoungpeople
- NHS vaccination team advise that “mop-up” clinics will operate across NHS Lothian area for children who have not had their Flu vaccination in school. If any child has missed this vaccination in school, then parents can contact the Community vaccination team on 0131 446 4082 to arrange a clinic appointment.
We have an “Attendance” inbox for parents to email with student absences/appointments. Please email with a return date, or email each day: email@example.com