Important Information for Senior Students – 6th January 2022
- Nicola McDowell Letter to Parents and Carers 060122
- Senior Phase Remote Learning Jan 2022
- Mitigations and Absences Letter
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all from the staff and students at Dunbar Grammar School!
- If your child / young person tests positive for Covid-19 during the holiday period please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have no access to email then call East Lothian Council on 01875 613921
Please note that we have been experiencing problems with our telephones. If they are not working, please email email@example.com with any queries
Letters/information out this week:
- Prelims updated – Pupil Booklet
- Letter 13-12-21
- Privacy Notice
- Testing information poster
- Letter Parent carers – 10-12-21
Christmas Concert Recordings
Please see the link for our Christmas Concert performances: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKnzZYgU-tCjh9FHpjnB0yhgFyKDYmRQG
How To Pass Evening – useful for revision
Please see the following presentations from the How To Pass Evening:
- Art & Design – Nat5/Higher
- Business Management
- Chemistry – Nat 5/Higher
- Early Learning & Childcare
- English – Nat 5
- English – Higher
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Geography – Nat 5/Higher
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- Modern Studies – Nat 5
- Music Technology – Nat 5/Higher
- Photography – Higher
- PE – Higher
- Physics – Nat 5/Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
Attached is information on some fantastic resources which have been developed by the CAMHS Early Intervention Team to help parents to support their child or teenager with anxiety.
The supports available include-
- Access to recorded two part information session webinars- Understanding Anxiety and Supporting your child with anxiety. These are also available in BSL.
- Access to two online module courses for parents based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)- Supporting your Child with Anxiety and Supporting your Teenager with Anxiety. Both courses allow parents to work through the course at their own pace, they are most suitable for parents looking to support their young person with worry and anxiety, while learning helpful strategies to manage their own anxieties. These modules are available via the platform Silvercloud. Sign up is free using the access code Lothian.
- Information on some great apps which are available for free across NHS Scotland for people 16+ on Sleep and Anxiety, and other useful websites and books.
- A link to the adult mental health website – Home – Wellbeing Lothian
If you require any information on the resources please get in touch with DGS Pupil Support.
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- For those students thinking about leaving at Christmas, the following link has details of courses which may be of interest, including quite a few options in beauty: https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/courses/january-courses
- Anyone who is interested should go and see Lynn Telford the careers adviser.
Apprenticeships (Graduate and Modern)
- There are currently 27 Graduate Apprenticeship offers and over 400 Modern Apprenticeship offers available on https://www.apprenticeships.scot/ .
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
Other Information / Opportunities
- Social Care or Childcare Opportunity
- Considering a Career in Early Learning and Childcare?
- Social Care or Childcare Opportunity
- Flyer for Jan22 Course – Social Care or Childcare
- 21-12-14 Information Sheet
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
- Vacancy newsletter – 2312021
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Schools Asymptomatic Testing Programme
- Students over the age of 12 can sign up themselves and those under 12 require parental consent. If any student would like to sign up, but has not already done so should complete the form: online consent form
- The link for recording results is here: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30pm on Google Meet. The next one is on Tuesday 14th December.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend.
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation||Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Thurs 13th Jan 2022
|Suzanne Hamilton (Social Subjects)||Approaches to developing confidence and wider skills|
|Thurs 10th Feb 2022
|Promoting respect – positive relationships|
|Wed 9th Mar 2022||Clair Fruish
|Support and challenge in teaching and learning|
|Wed 6th Apr 2022||Ian Davies
|Equality, Diversity and Inclusion|
|Thurs 5th May 2022||Paul Sutherland
(Health and Wellbeing)
|ELC Anti-Bullying policy|
|Wed 8th June 2022||Elaine Taylor (Technologies)||Teacher cover provision|
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: email@example.com