A reminder that we finish for the Easter Holidays today. Staff and students resume on Monday 25th April.
If we experience issues with our telephones, please text 07860 049053 or email email@example.com
Important Letters/information out this week:
- 250422 Letter To Parents – Carers
- SP Final Tracking Report Cover Letter – this was given to senior students along with their tracking reports and exam timetable yesterday
- Exam Booster Parent Letter
- SQA Letter
- Easter Revision 2022 Letter
- Easter Revision 2022 Timetable
- S4 Study Leave Letter
- S5 Study Leave Letter
- S6 Study Leave Letter
Students should have received an email with confirmation of the classes they have signed up to. If students want to make any changes, they should email the teachers directly.
Grade Booster Sessions
A programme of grade booster immersion days will take place during the examination period. Please see the full details here: Exam Booster Parent Letter
S4 Students who are not entitled to Examination Leave
S4 students who are sitting fewer than three National 5 examinations received a personalised letter with details of the in-school programme for May: No Exam Leave letter 2022
Important SQA Updates
- Please see the presentation from the SQA Exams 2022 Parental Information Evening on 29th March 2022: SQA Parent Information Evening Presentation
- The following presentation was shared with senior students in assembly this week: Your Exams 2022
- See the following link for information on the appeals process for 2022: SQA Appeals 2022
- The following letter was emailed to parents and carers last week: SQA Letter
Mental Health Awareness Week
Thank you for all the kind donations of baking for Mental Health Awareness Week. Together with the Dress Down Day we raised over £900.
There are a collection of cake tins still in the maths department waiting to be collected. Students, please pop along for them.
If you need any assistance in ordering your photos, please contact Tempest on 01736 751555 (option 3).
We are awaiting the S6 students individual and group proof photographs.
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30 pm on Google Meet, the next meeting on the 3rd May.
Meetings are run by the Parent Council and attended by Mrs Slowther, a Depute Head Teacher, a Teacher representative and the Senior Student Leaders.
At each meeting we also invite a Principal Teacher to come along and share information about both their Faculty and area of whole school responsibility, and have an additional general topic for discussion.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation
|Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Tues 3rd May 2022
(Health and Wellbeing)
|Equality, Diversity and Inclusion|
|Wed 8th June 2022
|School Improvement Planning for 2022/23|
Active Schools Update – Buses
All pupils’ bus payments for Dunbar Grammar School Sports fixtures will be collected via Schoolpay. We will no longer be collecting cash for transport.
If you have an account and using follow these instructions:
- Log into SchoolPay then select Accounts at the top of the screen.
- To the right hand side of the student’s name click on the Select button.
- On the next screen choose School Shop and click on the Shop button.
- Use the drop down option to Select Transport for Sport Activities
- Key in quantity (1) £3.00 click save item in basket/ Go to basket option and pay.
If you do not have an account please log on to East Lothian Council:
- Then click on Pay for it online/ SchoolPay/ Register for myaccount
If you have any other questions please contact the school office for assistance.
Easter Activities for Young Carers
Activities Week Parent/Carer Week Volunteers
On the week beginning the 9th May we will be having an Activities week for S1-S3. We would really appreciate some parent and carer volunteers to help us supervise some of the Activities. This may involve walking groups of students to Fox lake or other areas of the community. If you can help out any morning or afternoon please could you fill out this Google form: https://forms.gle/ZuTUXuSEhBd3onkT7
A reminder that the lateral flow device (LFD) testing programme for schools came to an end today.
Active Schools Update – Girls’ Easter Camp
- Please follow the link for sign up!
- 11th-15th April 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
- 22-04-05 Information Sheet
- Muirfield Riding Therapy Event
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
- EL Works vacancy newsletter – 14042022
- Enjoy Leisure
- After School Club – Dunbar
- Apprenticeships Poster 2022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Senior Student Study Resources
This is a reminder that in addition to revision work and tasks on Google Classroom, additional work/learning can be accessed using Scholar UK, Achieve, E-sgoil and the National E-Learning offer Senior Phase (S4-S6). Furthermore, all students can now access recorded video lessons on @West_OS using their Glow login to support their learning and revision at home! (If they do not have their Glow Login details please ask them to email email@example.com to request these from our admin team). Students can find West_OS in the Glow App Library where they will be able to add the tile to their personal Glow Launchpad. There are lots of quality assured video lessons available for all our students across a range of subjects. Students will find this a great resource to support their learning and revision on Glow @GlowScot. The SQA website also has a range of useful resources covering course content, past papers and marking schemes and well worth using
Finally, we would also like to remind all students that the How to Pass presentations have a vast array of hints, tips and resources for each specific subject:
- Art & Design – Nat5/Higher
- Business Management
- Chemistry – Nat 5/Higher
- Early Learning & Childcare
- English – Nat 5
- English – Higher
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Geography – Nat 5/Higher
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- Modern Studies – Nat 5
- Music Technology – Nat 5/Higher
- Photography – Higher
- PE – Higher
- Physics – Nat 5/Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org