If we experience issues with our telephones, please text 07860 049053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities Week 9th – 13th May 2022
Please ensure that students have all necessary medication with them if required, eg. inhalers, epipens. Students may not be allowed out of school without them. Students need to make sure that they are dressed appropriately for the weather.
S1/2 Activities Week
Individual letters with details for the week were given to students on Thursday: S1 S2 Parent letter 2022
Please be aware that students timetabled for Art and Science during Activities Week will be outside and working with paint or carrying our field work respectively, therefore old clothes are recommended.
S3 Activities Week
Individual letters with details for the week were given to students on Tuesday: Final Letter to S3 parents
Open Morning – Saturday 11th June
After 2 years of COVID mitigations, we are desperate to open our doors back up to parents and carers and offer an opportunity for the whole DGS community to reconnect.
We are therefore delighted to be able to host an Open Morning on Saturday 11th June from 10am – 12pm. This will offer the opportunity for parents and carers to visit the school and have a student led tour around the building. The leadership team will also be on hand to answer questions and have a chat.
More information about this event will follow.
Important SQA Updates
- See the following link for information on the appeals process for 2022: SQA Appeals 2022
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30 pm on Google Meet, the next meeting on the 8th June.
Meetings are run by the Parent Council and attended by Mrs Slowther, a Depute Head Teacher, a Teacher representative and the Senior Student Leaders.
At each meeting we also invite a Principal Teacher to come along and share information about both their Faculty and area of whole school responsibility, and have an additional general topic for discussion.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend.
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation||Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Wed 8th June 2022||School Improvement Planning for 2022/23|
Update from our School Uniform Suppliers
Please follow the link for update on uniform supplies, including order deadlines: Embroidered Schoolwear & Clubwear (border-embroideries.co.uk)
DGS Sports Clubs are now open to book for Term 3
To book (if not already booked) your child on to one of our many Sports Clubs please use link below:
Due to exams our main sports hall is being used for exams, the following clubs will start up the week starting 30th May:
Any questions please contact our Active School Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any assistance in ordering your photos, please contact Tempest on 01736 751555 (option 3). We have now received the S6 proofs and order forms.
We have a large amount of lost property which will be recycled from 27th May. Please send your child to come in to check for any missing items. Parent/carers can come in to check for items Monday-Thursday between 4-5pm.
Active Schools Update – Buses
All pupils’ bus payments for Dunbar Grammar School Sports fixtures will be collected via Schoolpay. We will no longer be collecting cash for transport.
Community – Key Safety Message
Please see attached booklet from RNLI. As young people are linked to being at significant risk in regard to water safety particularly as the weather improves.
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
- 22-05-03 Information Sheet
- Venturing Out Summer Leaflet 2022
- Drop In Flyer -Summer 2022 – Speech and Language Therapy
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
Parents Information Sessions
Please find below information regarding information sessions for parents of children and young people with an Intellectual/Learning Disability run by Gill Kidd (Clinical Psychologist, NHS) and Miranda Eodanable (Educational Psychologist, CEC):
- Session 1: What is an Intellectual Disability? – Thursday 19th May at 11-12.30.
- Session 2: Supporting communication. – Thursday 26th May at 11-12.30.
- Session 3: Understanding behaviour and how to manage challenging behaviour. – Wednesday 1st June at 11-12.30.
- Session 4: Sensory differences in ID. – Thursday 9th June at 11-12.30.
- Session 5: Developing and supporting play. – Thursday 16th June at 11-12.30.
- Session 6: Sexual health and relationships. – Thursday 23rd June at 11-12.30.
- Session 7: Parental and sibling well-being. – Thursday 30th June at 11-12.30.
- East Lothian Works vacancy newsletter – 06052022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Senior Student Study Resources
This is a reminder that in addition to revision work and tasks on Google Classroom, additional work/learning can be accessed using Scholar UK, Achieve, E-sgoil and the National E-Learning offer Senior Phase (S4-S6). Furthermore, all students can now access recorded video lessons on @West_OS using their Glow login to support their learning and revision at home! (If they do not have their Glow Login details please ask them to email email@example.com to request these from our admin team). Students can find West_OS in the Glow App Library where they will be able to add the tile to their personal Glow Launchpad. There are lots of quality assured video lessons available for all our students across a range of subjects. Students will find this a great resource to support their learning and revision on Glow @GlowScot. The SQA website also has a range of useful resources covering course content, past papers and marking schemes and well worth using
Finally, we would also like to remind all students that the How to Pass presentations have a vast array of hints, tips and resources for each specific subject:
- Art & Design – Nat5/Higher
- Business Management
- Chemistry – Nat 5/Higher
- Early Learning & Childcare
- English – Nat 5
- English – Higher
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Geography – Nat 5/Higher
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- Modern Studies – Nat 5
- Music Technology – Nat 5/Higher
- Photography – Higher
- PE – Higher
- Physics – Nat 5/Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org