If we experience issues with our telephones, please text 07860 049053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities Week 2022
We have held an variety of activities for our S1-S3 students this week, including days at the beach, Foxlake, outdoor cooking and sports. The students have experienced a great week, and we have received amazing feedback from the activity providers who have been extremely complementary about our students.
Today we hosted an S3 Ceremony, celebrating the achievements of S3 students across the Broad General Education (BGE).
If you need any assistance in ordering your photos, please contact Tempest on 01736 751555 (option 3). We have now received the S6 proofs and order forms; these order forms need to be returned to the school office by Friday 20th May.
Open Morning – Saturday 11th June
After 2 years of COVID mitigations, we are desperate to open our doors back up to parents and carers and offer an opportunity for the whole DGS community to reconnect.
We are therefore delighted to be able to host an Open Morning on Saturday 11th June from 10am – 12pm. This will offer the opportunity for parents and carers to visit the school and have a student led tour around the building. The leadership team will also be on hand to answer questions and have a chat.
More information about this event will follow.
Important SQA Updates
- See the following link for information on the appeals process for 2022: SQA Appeals 2022
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30 pm on Google Meet, the next meeting is on the 8th June.
Meetings are run by the Parent Council and attended by Mrs Slowther, a Depute Head Teacher, a Teacher representative and the Senior Student Leaders.
At each meeting we also invite a Principal Teacher to come along and share information about both their Faculty and area of whole school responsibility, and have an additional general topic for discussion.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend.
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation||Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Wed 8th June 2022||School Improvement Planning for 2022/23|
Update from our School Uniform Suppliers
Please follow the link for update on uniform supplies, including order deadlines: Embroidered Schoolwear & Clubwear (border-embroideries.co.uk)
Paddleboarding sessions available to book from 1st June. To book a place please click on link below:
DGS Sports Clubs are now open to book for Term 3
To book (if not already booked) your child on to one of our many Sports Clubs please use link below:
Due to exams our main sports hall is being used for exams, the following clubs will start up the week starting 30th May:
Any questions please contact our Active School Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a large amount of lost property which will be recycled from 27th May. Please send your child to come in to check for any missing items. Parent/carers can come in to check for items Monday-Thursday between 4-5pm.
Active Schools Update – Buses
All pupils’ bus payments for Dunbar Grammar School Sports fixtures will be collected via Schoolpay. We will no longer be collecting cash for transport.
Community – Key Safety Message
Please see attached booklet from RNLI. As young people are linked to being at significant risk in regard to water safety particularly as the weather improves.
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
- 22-05-10 Information Sheet
- Venturing Out Summer Leaflet 2022
- Drop In Flyer -Summer 2022 – Speech and Language Therapy
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
- EL Works vacancy newsletter – 13052022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Senior Student Study Resources
This is a reminder that in addition to revision work and tasks on Google Classroom, additional work/learning can be accessed using Scholar UK, Achieve, E-sgoil and the National E-Learning offer Senior Phase (S4-S6). Furthermore, all students can now access recorded video lessons on @West_OS using their Glow login to support their learning and revision at home! (If they do not have their Glow Login details please ask them to email email@example.com to request these from our admin team). Students can find West_OS in the Glow App Library where they will be able to add the tile to their personal Glow Launchpad. There are lots of quality assured video lessons available for all our students across a range of subjects. Students will find this a great resource to support their learning and revision on Glow @GlowScot. The SQA website also has a range of useful resources covering course content, past papers and marking schemes and well worth using
Finally, we would also like to remind all students that the How to Pass presentations have a vast array of hints, tips and resources for each specific subject:
- Art & Design – Nat5/Higher
- Business Management
- Early Learning & Childcare
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org