If we experience issues with our telephones, please text 07860 049053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Concert 2022
We are pleased to announce this will be taking place on the 16th of June 5.30pm – 7.30pm: Summer concert poster
S2 Reports (new S3 students)
Progress and Achievement reports were handed to S2 students on Thursday 9 June 2022.
- SNSA Letter – to S3 parents/carers
- Progress and Achievement reports were handed to S2 students on Thursday 9 June 2022.
Open Morning – Saturday 11th June
We are delighted to be able to host an Open Morning on Saturday 11th June from 10am – 12pm. This will offer the opportunity for parents and carers to visit the school and have a student led tour around the building. The leadership team will also be on hand to answer questions and have a chat. Please use the doors at the new build, see the map below:
More information: 2022 Open Doors leaflet
Sports Awards 2022
If your young person has any out of school sporting achievements and/or International Recognition you would like to celebrate at the forthcoming Sports Awards Evening on Thursday 23rd June, please provide details to Mr Sutherland before the end of the school day on Monday 13th June.
Young Scot /Smart cards
It is important that all students have, and carry with them, their young scot/smartcard. These are required for bus transportation and also to purchase food from the Bistro and Hub. A significant number of students have either lost their cards or are not bringing them, which is leading to very long queues at break and lunchtime. If any student requires a replacement, they can collect a form at the office or print off the attached: Replacement smart card form
Update from our School Uniform Suppliers
Please follow the link for update on uniform supplies, including the order deadline of 10th July: Embroidered Schoolwear & Clubwear (border-embroideries.co.uk)
Dunbar Grammar School Association 200 Club
The Dunbar Grammar School 200 Club’s aim is to raise funds for the school. The funds are then available to enhance the educational experience of students at the school and are used to purchase items not available through normal budget streams. Full details of winner’s names will be available on the school website.
The draw is open to parents, carers, grandparents, teachers, staff, friends and family are all welcome to join. As this is a registered lottery, you must be aged 18 years or over.
The cost of each entry is £2.50 per month, any individual can hold multiple entries. The draw takes place monthly.
To join all you need to do is complete the Standing Order Mandate and return it to the School Office: DGSA 200 Club Mandate Form
Dunbar Civic Week 11-19 June
Dunbar Civic Week starts on Saturday with its Parade and Fun Day followed by lots of activities during the Week. More details here: bit.ly/3O4zL8e
Community – Key Safety Message
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
- 22-06-07 Information Sheet
- Venturing Out Summer Leaflet 2022
- Drop In Flyer -Summer 2022 – Speech and Language Therapy
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
- EL Works vacancy newsletter – 10062022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Senior Student Study Resources
This is a reminder that in addition to revision work and tasks on Google Classroom, additional work/learning can be accessed using Scholar UK, Achieve, E-sgoil and the National E-Learning offer Senior Phase (S4-S6). Furthermore, all students can now access recorded video lessons on @West_OS using their Glow login to support their learning and revision at home! (If they do not have their Glow Login details please ask them to email email@example.com to request these from our admin team). Students can find West_OS in the Glow App Library where they will be able to add the tile to their personal Glow Launchpad. There are lots of quality assured video lessons available for all our students across a range of subjects. Students will find this a great resource to support their learning and revision on Glow @GlowScot. The SQA website also has a range of useful resources covering course content, past papers and marking schemes and well worth using
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org