End of term
I would just like to wish all of our students and their families a happy and healthy summer break.
I would also like to say thank you to our caring, committed and hardworking staff team. They have worked tirelessly to support our students both within and out with the classroom. I would also like to wish staff and their families and relaxing and fun summer break.
This week we said farewell to the following staff:
- Susan Aitken, English
- John Bain, RME
- Irene Duncanson, Pupil Support
- Michael Graven, Business Manager
- Fionna Payton, Pupil Support
- John Peebles, FES janitor
Teachers moving on after their NQT year:
- Rebecca Astbury, Geography
- Jenny Donaldson (nee Gibson), PE
- Abbie Gibson, PE
- Ewen Glen, RME
- Alastair Grant, Maths
- Alan Hunter, Art
- Marina Jimenez Lao, Biology
- Karen Robertson, Biology
- Craig Young, Physics
Staff moving on to new posts:
- Jim Glen, English
- Rachel Jones, Physics
- Scott McBirnie, Music
- Jo Scott, Modern Languages
- Julie-Ann Wright, English
Student Leadership Team
Selection of the full S6 leadership team is now complete. Congratulations to:
- Kitty Bird
- Olivia Burton
Depute Head Students
- Tara Davison
- Holly Finlayson
- Lucy Kilfara
- Ruaridh Page
- Ellen Stewart
Useful Guide for p7 Parents and Carers
School Uniform Information
The following letter was emailed to parents and carers on Tuesday 28 June: Uniform Letter June 2022
SQA Information 2022
Well done to our House Captains for session 2022-2023:
|House Captains||Alastair Zochowski||Ruby Brady||Milly Green||Rebecca Peachey||Ynyra Ambrozevich|
|Kayla Schei||Olivia Robbins||Niamh Richards||Heidi Henderson||Declan Hannan|
|Vice Captains||Cameron West||Katie-Sue Reece Heal||Holly Finlayson||Zander Thomson||Amy Kendall|
|Benji Salkeld||Graeme Anderson||Sylvie Arkieson||Jessie Smith|
Medicines Held in School
As we are now nearing the end of the school year, any unused medication held in the office on behalf of students should be taken home.
If your child has medication in the medical room it should be collected by Thursday 30 June, any medicines left after this date will be destroyed.
Please note that this excludes allergy medication, Epi-pens and glucose etc. held on behalf of diabetic students. These items will be retained until their use by dates.
If your child still requires to have medication in school please complete the appropriate form from the links on our website and send it in at the start of the next term along with the medication:
- Request for school to issue short-term prescribed medication
- Request for school to issue long-term prescribed medication
- Request for school to issue long-term ‘as required’ prescribed medication
- Request for school to issue non-prescribed medication
- Request to school for medication to be carried and self-administered by pupil
Candidate addresses for August Certification
It is important that we hold the correct home address for all our candidates – this will ensure they receive their certificates on Tuesday 9 August. Please contact the school if you have recently moved house.
Young Scot /Smart cards
It is important that all students have, and carry with them, their young scot/smartcard. These are required for bus transportation and also to purchase food from the Bistro and Hub. A significant number of students have either lost their cards or are not bringing them, which is leading to very long queues at break and lunchtime. If any student requires a replacement, they can collect a form at the office or print off the attached: Replacement smart card form
Dunbar Grammar School Association 200 Club
The Dunbar Grammar School 200 Club’s aim is to raise funds for the school. The funds are then available to enhance the educational experience of students at the school and are used to purchase items not available through normal budget streams. Full details of winner’s names will be available on the school website.
The draw is open to parents, carers, grandparents, teachers, staff, friends and family are all welcome to join. As this is a registered lottery, you must be aged 18 years or over.
The cost of each entry is £2.50 per month, any individual can hold multiple entries. The draw takes place monthly.
To join all you need to do is complete the Standing Order Mandate and return it to the School Office: DGSA 200 Club Mandate Form
- Local jobs for students
- EL Works Vacancy Newsletter – 01072022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- 22-06-28 Information Sheet
- Your Police Survey
- Venturing Out Summer Leaflet 2022
- Drop In Flyer -Summer 2022 – Speech and Language Therapy
- RNLI Key Safety Message Booklet
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
- Muirfield Riding Therapy Fundraising Event
Senior Student Study Resources
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org