We are currently experiencing issues with our telephone systems. Please contact the school through the email boxes as follows:-
Absence/Appointments – email@example.com – please report absence before 0900
Pupil Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
General Queries – email@example.com
Or send an SMS through our Groupcall system on 07860 049053
Important Information Out this Week:
- Prelim timetable Please find attached the revised prelim timetable. Version 2 Prelim Timetable Should the planned days of Industrial Action during the prelim timetable go ahead, it is our intention to still run the prelims as published on those days wherever possible.
- Industrial Action Thursday 8th December 2022. Updated Letter for S1 – S3 studentsS123 Letter 8th December details Please see the attached letter emailed to parents/carers yesterday (Thursday 1st December) Parents Carers SSTA Strike Action 8.12.22
- Catch Up Flu vaccine. There will be catch-up vaccinations in school on Friday 9 December for those students who missed their flu vaccine in November. The affected students will be given an appointment in their registration folder. S6 students have received an email to their edubuzz account regarding their appointment. If you have any questions regarding this please contact Tracy Gillespie in the school office.
Student Dances – the cost is £3.50 and are available to buy through SchoolPay. Student names will be taken at the door as this is a non-ticketed event. Only students who have paid in advance will be allowed. Students in receipt of Free School Meals are not required to pay but must give their name in advance to Mr Sutherland. Please see the list of dates :-
S5/S6 Dance Thursday 8th December 1830 – 2130
S3/S4 Dance Monday 12th December 1830 – 2130
S1/S2 Dance Wednesday 14th December 1830 – 2100
Countdown To Christmas – please see the link below
Christmas Concert – the cost is £4 and this is paid through SchoolPay in the School Shop. This is non-ticketed also and purchasing through SchoolPay guarantees entry.
Christmas Lunch – Wednesday 14th December
Lunch will be served for S1 to S5 in the Bistro from 13:00 and costs £2.45. If your young person is entitled to Free School Meals please provide them with a snack for break as their entitlement of £2.45 would be used should they choose to have Christmas Lunch. The hub will be open for students not wishing to have Christmas Lunch. S6 Prefects will be served from 11:45 in the Bistro
Roast turkey and trimmings
Cheese and potato leek pie with tomato and basil sauce.
Individual fruit trifle
Ice cream tub
Water or 200ml carton juice included in the price
The deadline for paying for the S6 Yearbook is Friday 3rd February 2023 and this costs £13.75 and is payable through SchoolPay.
Tuesday 6th December – S5/6 in Games Hall with Mr Sutherland
Wednesday 7th December – Whole School Online with Mrs Slowther (Google Meet invite sent out separately
Study Club/Extra Curricular Booklet Lunch & Extra Curricular Study Clubs
Student Information Slides 22-11-29 Plasma Info Sheet
- Dunbar Grammar
- 20 – 30hrs per week Mon-Fri
- Term time contract
- Hourly rate £9.90
- Any successful candidates will be subject to a full PVG check.
Any interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Clubs and Study Support Information
- DGS Sports Clubs are open for booking please click on https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- DGS are starting up a new Running Club on Friday mornings pre school. For details please use link below:https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar/new-page-3/
How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
- The form is here: https://eastlothian-Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
- If you have any queries or having difficulty completing the form please email email@example.com
- If you would like information in your own language or format (e.g. Braille), please phone 01620 827199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) applications are now open. Information and Guidance Notes are available on the website www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ema
- EL Works Vacancy newsletter 02122022
- Modern Apprenticeship information and Full and Part Time Jobs:Apprenticeships and Full and Part Time Job Opportunities in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
- Christmas School Leavers – Information from Borders College Borders College
- Edinburgh College Media, Music and Sound open days in December – Booking Forms
- Milton Road: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-college-media-music-and-sound-production-open-day-milton-road-tickets-458575159647
- Sighthill: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-college-media-and-music-open-day-sighthill-tickets-458626844237
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
Senior Student Study Resources
- Scholar UK
- Please find attached information about e-Sgoil/NeLO Study Support Evening Webinars e-Sgoil Study Support Letter – 2022-23
- National E-Learning- Senior Phase (S4-S6).
- SQA website
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: email@example.com