A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all from the staff and students at Dunbar Grammar School!
School closes on Tuesday 20th December at 15:25 and we look forward to welcoming you back on Wednesday 4th January 2023.
We are currently experiencing issues with our telephone systems. Please contact the school through the email boxes as follows:-
Absence/Appointments – email@example.com – please report absence before 0900
Pupil Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
General Queries – email@example.com
Or send an SMS through our Groupcall system on 07860 049053
Important Information Out this Week:
- Potential Industrial Action. Please find the attached letter sent on 20th December 2022 for potential Industrial Action in January. PARENT-CARER LETTER DEC 22
- Prelim timetable Please find attached the revised prelim timetable. Please note a minor change to Environmental Science which has moved to 23rd January 2023 Prelim TT Version 3 Should the planned days of Industrial Action during the prelim timetable go ahead, it is our intention to still run the prelims as published on those days wherever possible.
- S6 Show Our S6 students will be performing their Festive Show to all students on Monday 19th December. There will be a special performance for parents/carers and family members on Monday 19th December at 6.30pm. This is not ticketed event but any donations to the Prom fund can be made on the evening.
- Booster Vaccinations Consent forms went home with students on Tuesday 20th December for S3 and catch up vaccinations for S4, S5 & S6. If your young person was not in school they can be collected in Registration when they return in January.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Yearbook is Friday 3rd February 2023 and this costs £13.75 and is payable through SchoolPay.
Study Club/Extra Curricular Booklet Lunch & Extra Curricular Study Clubs
Student Information Slides 22-12-13 Plasma Info Sheet
Resident in East Lothian? Struggling with your household expenses because of the cost-of-living crisis? The Community Windpower Energy Fund can help! For more information or to make an application, visit: https://www.communityadvice.scot/
- Dunbar Grammar
- 20 – 30hrs per week Mon-Fri
- Term time contract
- Hourly rate £9.90
- Any successful candidates will be subject to a full PVG check.
Any interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Clubs and Study Support Information
- DGS Sports Clubs are open for booking please click on https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- DGS are starting up a new Running Club on Friday mornings pre school. For details please use link below:https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar/new-page-3/
How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
- The form is here: https://eastlothian-Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
- If you have any queries or having difficulty completing the form please email email@example.com
- If you would like information in your own language or format (e.g. Braille), please phone 01620 827199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) applications are now open. Information and Guidance Notes are available on the website www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ema
- EL Works Vacancy newsletter 09122022
- Modern Apprenticeship information and Full and Part Time Jobs: SouthE Edin Opps (002)
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
- Christmas School Leavers – Information from Borders College Borders College We are still accepting applications for our courses that start in January 2023 and would be grateful if you would encourage any winter leavers or those looking for a career change to apply as soon as possible to ensure they are considered for a place.
- Hairdressing Multi-Skills (NQ) at SCQF Level 5
- Introduction to Engineering
- Find your Vibe and Future @Borders College
- Pathfinder in Cyber Security
To view the course information, please visit the website: www.borderscollege.ac.uk/january23
- Edinburgh College Media, Music and Sound open days in December – Booking Forms
- Milton Road: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-college-media-music-and-sound-production-open-day-milton-road-tickets-458575159647
- Sighthill: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-college-media-and-music-open-day-sighthill-tickets-458626844237
- Early Learning & Childcare A5 Skills for Work Leaflet v1
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Signalong Foundation Course 1- Jan-Feb 23 signalong flyer and application form On Line course
- Scottish Seabird Centre Scottish Seabird Centre Corncrake Exhibition Winter 22 POSTERAt the Scottish Seabird Centre, discover a fun, new interactive exhibition about one of Scotland’s rarest birds. Help Secret Agent Corncrake discover why the noisy yet secretive corncrakes are disappearing from Scotland.This interactive exhibition has been masterminded by RSPB Scotland as part of the Corncrake Calling project with support of the National Heritage Lottery Fund. It was co-designed with students from Lochgelly High School, The Glasgow Academy, Berwickshire High School, Castlehead High School, St. Joseph’s Academy & Banff Academy. Supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund, Corncrake Calling is a new four-year project to save these small brown tawny members of the rail family.The exhibition is open from 10am daily until 20 January, last entry is 3pm
Senior Student Study Resources
- Scholar UK
- Please find attached information about e-Sgoil/NeLO Study Support Evening Webinars e-Sgoil Study Support Letter – 2022-23
- National E-Learning- Senior Phase (S4-S6).
- SQA website
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: email@example.com