Welcome Back to all students and staff.
Important Information Out this Week:
- Industrial Action A reminder that Industrial Action will take place on Wednesday 11th January. As a reminder, Dunbar Grammar School will be closed to all students, except for those with prelims on that day. Please see the letter from East Lothian Council Parents Carers Strike Action Jan23 Students should work on any outstanding tasks on their Google Classrooms. Supplementary resources can be found on our website – https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/for-students/
- Prelims Our prelim examinations begin on Monday 9th January. We would like to wish all students the best of luck in these assessments. As a reminder, the school will be open for students sitting prelims on 11th and 16th January. It will be closed to all other students due to the planned industrial action. As there will be no school buses running on these days if any student cannot travel for their prelim with public transport please make the school aware and we can arrange transportation, please email admin@dunbargrammar.
elcschool.org.uk Finally, a reminder that there is no prelim leave. Students are expected to attend all classes as usual except for the times when they have a prelim. Please see the presentation all senior students received before Christmas Prelims 2023 Presentation for Students Please see the list of items students are prohibited from bringing into their exam room Prohibited Exam Items Please find attached the revised prelim timetable. Please note a minor change to Environmental Science which has moved to 23rd January 2023 Prelim TT Version 3
- Course Choice Over the next few months, students in S2/3/4/5 will be making choices for their courses next session. This process starts with information events for parents and carers. These will be held online and sign up details will be shared over the coming weeks. The dates of these events are
S3 Course Choice – 24th January 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
S4 and S5 Course Choice – 21st February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
S2 Course Choice – 28th February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
- Invigilators Wanted We are always looking to increase our team of invigilators for the May examinations. If you are interested in finding out more about what this role would entail, please contact Jackie Gourlay (Business Manager) at email@example.com
- Booster Vaccinations Consent forms went home with students on Tuesday 20th December for S3 and catch up vaccinations for S4, S5 & S6. If your young person was not in school they can be collected in Registration. Please return the permission letter before the end of next week (Friday 13th February)
- Late Student Notification Texts This is no longer being sent in the morning to make parents/carers aware that their young person(s) has been late to school. Parents/carers will be notified of any persistent patterns of lateness.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Yearbook is Friday 3rd February 2023 and this costs £13.75 and is payable through SchoolPay.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Prom is Friday 31st March 2023 and this costs £60 and is payable through SchoolPay. A suggested payment of £20 per month has been set up or the balance can be paid in full.
Study Club/Extra Curricular Booklet Lunch & Extra Curricular Study Clubs
Student Information Slides – under construction
Clubs and Study Support Information
- DGS Sports Clubs are open for booking please click on https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- DGS are starting up a new Running Club on Friday mornings pre school. For details please use link below:https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar/new-page-3/
How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
If you have any queries or having difficulty completing the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information in your own language or format (e.g. Braille), please phone 01620 827199 or email email@example.com.
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) applications are now open. Information and Guidance Notes are available on the website www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ema
- EL Works Vacancy newsletter 06012023
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
- Christmas School Leavers – Information from Borders College Borders College We are still accepting applications for our courses that start in January 2023 and would be grateful if you would encourage any winter leavers or those looking for a career change to apply as soon as possible to ensure they are considered for a place.
- Hairdressing Multi-Skills (NQ) at SCQF Level 5
- Introduction to Engineering
- Find your Vibe and Future @Borders College
- Pathfinder in Cyber Security
To view the course information, please visit the website: www.borderscollege.ac.uk/january23
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Signalong Foundation Course 1- Jan-Feb 23 signalong flyer and application form On Line course
Senior Student Study Resources
- Scholar UK
- Please find attached information about e-Sgoil/NeLO Study Support Evening Webinars e-Sgoil Study Support Letter – 2022-23
- National E-Learning- Senior Phase (S4-S6).
- SQA website
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org