Important Information Out this Week:
- Course Choice Over the next few months, students in S2/3/4/5 will be making choices for their courses next session. This process starts with information events for parents and carers. These will be held online and sign up details will be shared over the coming weeks. The dates of these events are
S4 and S5 Course Choice – 21st February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
Further information to follow
S2 Course Choice – 28th February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
Further Information to follow
Thank you to all Parents/Carers who attended the S3 Course Choice Information Evening on Tuesday 24th January. Please see the presentation for those unable to attend
2023 Senior Phase Parents Info Evening for Website
Please use https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/course-choice-information/ to view the most up to date Course Choice information.
- Course Choice S3 Appointments
Please see the letter sent out for Parents/Carers to book a 15 minute appointment in school to discuss their S3 young person’s Course Choices from 7th February to 10th February S3 Interview Options – Parent Letter
- S3 Parent/Carer Evening Appointment Bookings are going live Monday 23rd January at 18:00 and will be open for one week. Students book appointments through their Edubuzz Calendar and instructions will be sent to students email. The S3 Parent/Carer Evening is in person from 17:00 to 19:30 on Tuesday 31st January.
DGSC – Parent Council
Our next meeting takes place on Wednesday 8th February from 7pm – 8.30pm and is in-person. If you would like further information please email email@example.com
The deadline for paying for the S6 Yearbook is Friday 3rd February 2023 and this costs £13.75 and is payable through SchoolPay.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Prom is Friday 31st March 2023 and this costs £60 and is payable through SchoolPay. A suggested payment of £20 per month has been set up or the balance can be paid in full.
Study Club/Extra Curricular Booklet Lunch & Extra Curricular Study Clubs
Student Information Slides – 23-01-24 Plasma Info Sheet
- DGS Sports Clubs are open for booking please click on https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- DGS are starting up a new Running Club on Friday mornings pre school. For details please use link below:https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar/new-page-3/
How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
If you have any queries or having difficulty completing the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information in your own language or format (e.g. Braille), please phone 01620 827199 or email email@example.com.
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) applications are now open. Information and Guidance Notes are available on the website www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ema
- EL Works Vacancy newsletter 27012023
- East Lothian Works (ELC’s Employability Hub) are hosting a series of information evenings for parents and carers of secondary school students. These events, duplicated across the 25th and 31st January from 6.30pm-7.30pm, will allow the East Lothian Works team to let you know about the course choices available to pupils, including Foundation Apprenticeships, MCR Pathways, School College Partnership, and the ELW offer. This is a fantastic opportunity to get to know more about the choices on offer for your child, and to ask any questions you may have about the East Lothian Works offer. You can join either, or both, of the two events using the link below:https://meet.google.com/etu-wskh-qti
- Torness Power Station are recruiting for apprentices to join our Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician training programme. Please see the advert for further details Torness Advert 2023
- Careers Information January 2023Career Opportunitues Jan 2023
- Apprenticeship Opportunities January 2023 APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES (002)
- Apprentice Childcare Practitioner for our after-school club in Dunbar.
We are a friendly team who are looking for a new staff member to join us.
Working Hours – Monday to Thursday 2.30pm – 6pm.
Occasional additional hours may be available.
The job role will start in February 2023.
Minimum requirements for the Apprentice Practitioner role are:
Some experience of working with children.
Good computer skills, familiar with word, excel and general computer use.
Great communication skills are essential for dealing with parents, children and co-workers.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please send us your C.V and a few words about yourself to –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Information
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Senior Student Study Resources
- Scholar UK
- Please find attached information about e-Sgoil/NeLO Study Support Evening Webinars e-Sgoil Study Support Letter – 2022-23
- National E-Learning- Senior Phase (S4-S6).
- SQA website
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: email@example.com
- Contacting teachers/Queries
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.