Important Information Out this Week:
- Course Choice Over the next few months, students in S2/3/4/5 will be making choices for their courses next session. This process starts with information events for parents and carers. These will be held online and sign up details will be shared over the coming weeks. The dates of these events are
S4 and S5 Course Choice – 21st February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
Further information to follow
S2 Course Choice – 28th February 2023 (7pm – 8pm online)
Further Information to follow
Thank you to all Parents/Carers who attended the S3 Course Choice Information Evening on Tuesday 24th January. Please see the presentation for those unable to attend
2023 Senior Phase Parents Info Evening for Website
Please use https://www.edubuzz.org/dunbargrammar/course-choice-information/ to view the most up to date Course Choice information.
Course Choice S3 Appointments
Please see the letter sent out for Parents/Carers to book a 15 minute appointment in school to discuss their S3 young person’s Course Choices from 7th February to 10th February S3 Interview Options – Parent Letter
Appointments were emailed out on Thursday 2nd February for week commencing Tuesday 7th February. If you have not received an appointment, please check your email spam folder or if you wish to change the appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01368 863 339.
Edinburgh College applications are now OPEN!
Wendy Malcolm (SDS) and Mrs McIntosh will be holding an information session to support all students who want to make a College application (Edinburgh College and others) to start in Autumn 2023.
This session will be on Tuesday 7th February 2023 in P2, in the Assembly Hall.
All students who are considering making a College application, even as a back up plan, should attend.
This will give you a great start to get an early application in.
Ms Clair Fruish (PT English) has started her maternity leave. Ms Kaela Mitchell will be Acting PT English in her absence
Dress Down Day – Friday 10th February
If you would like to dress down then bring £1 to registration.
This dress down day is to raise money to help provide for after school snacks for students and to help support Breakfast Club.
Our Head Students have noted “these initiatives have been very beneficial to many of our students and we hope to keep them running. By bringing in money this dress down day you will be helping to achieve this”.
Our Lost Property is full and will be sent to charity at the end of term (Friday 10th February). If your young person has lost any clothing, please ask them to see Ms Smith at break and she can go through lost property with students. Please consider naming items of clothing, in particular jackets, coats and jumpers.
DGSC – Parent Council
Our next meeting takes place on Wednesday 8th February from 7pm – 8.30pm and is in-person. If you would like further information please email email@example.com
The deadline for paying for the S6 Yearbook is Friday 3rd February 2023 and this costs £13.75 and is payable through SchoolPay.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Prom is Friday 31st March 2023 and this costs £60 and is payable through SchoolPay. A suggested payment of £20 per month has been set up or the balance can be paid in full.
The deadline for paying for the S6 Hoodie is Friday 17th February and this costs £21.50 and is payable through SchoolPay.
Study Club/Extra Curricular Booklet Lunch & Extra Curricular Study Clubs
Student Information Slides – 23-01-31 Plasma Info Sheet
- DGS Sports Clubs are open for booking please click on https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- DGS are starting up a new Running Club on Friday mornings pre school. For details please use link below:https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar/new-page-3/
- EL Works Vacancy newsletter 03022023
- Torness Power Station are recruiting for apprentices to join our Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician training programme. Please see the advert for further details Torness Advert 2023
- Apprenticeship Opportunities February 2023 APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITIES (002)
GOConstruct THE UK’S BIGGEST APPRENTICESHIP
Big Assembly 7 February 2023 Online bit.ly/3JerfEc
If you’re thinking about applying for a Construction Apprenticeship, this is the event for you!
Hear from apprentices, employers of apprentices, parents and education providers.
THE UK’S BIGGEST APPRENTICESHIP ASSEMBLY
The Big Assembly is a live assembly broadcast, shown to over 100,000 people across the UK.
This is the place to be to get to know apprenticeships from a variety of angles, including former and current apprentices, employers of apprentices, parents, education providers, and much more.
The Big Assembly is 100% free and can be watched online from the comfort of your home, classroom, or place of work.
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants
If you have any queries or having difficulty completing the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information in your own language or format (e.g. Braille), please phone 01620 827199 or email email@example.com.
Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) applications are now open. Information and Guidance Notes are available on the website www.eastlothian.gov.uk/ema
Senior Student Study Resources
- Scholar UK
- Please find attached information about e-Sgoil/NeLO Study Support Evening Webinars e-Sgoil Study Support Letter – 2022-23
- National E-Learning- Senior Phase (S4-S6).
- SQA website
Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org