A reminder that Friday 3rd June is a holiday. Staff and students resume on Monday 6th 2022
All seniors will return on Monday 6th June following study leave, when our new timetable starts for all students.
If we experience issues with our telephones, please text 07860 049053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
These were given to S1 students on Tuesday 24th May 2022, with the following covering letter: BGE S1 Report Letter
We are holding a P7 transition evening on Wednesday 1st June. More details can be read in the letter below:
Parent and Carer Feedback
Below is a link to a survey for parents and carers to seek your views on how we are doing as a school and areas for improvement. Your feedback is really valuable and will help shape our priorities for next session. This should take 5 to 10 minutes to complete:
We are delighted to say that assemblies are back next week in person. They will be in the assembly hall and will be led by Mr. Maxton:
- Tues – S1
- Weds – S2
- Thurs – S3
Meetings are 7pm – 8.30 pm on Google Meet, the next meeting is on the 8th June.
Meetings are run by the Parent Council and attended by Mrs Slowther, a Depute Head Teacher, a Teacher representative and the Senior Student Leaders.
At each meeting we also invite a Principal Teacher to come along and share information about both their Faculty and area of whole school responsibility, and have an additional general topic for discussion.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend.
|Date||Principal Teacher presentation||Additional presentation and discussion topic|
|Wed 8th June 2022||School Improvement Planning for 2022/23|
Open Morning – Saturday 11th June
After 2 years of COVID mitigations, we are desperate to open our doors back up to parents and carers and offer an opportunity for the whole DGS community to reconnect.
We are therefore delighted to be able to host an Open Morning on Saturday 11th June from 10am – 12pm. This will offer the opportunity for parents and carers to visit the school and have a student led tour around the building. The leadership team will also be on hand to answer questions and have a chat.
More information about this event will follow.
Summer Concert 2022
We are pleased to announce this will be taking place on the 16th of June 5pm – 7.30pm. More details will follow.
The STARS of the week are
Mr MacDonald (PE)
- ‘I would like to nominate Mr MacDonald for his fantastic organisation of the activities week. His friendly, calm approach and clear communication has helped the week go really smoothly. Thanks!’
- ‘Mr MacDonald did a great job at leading activities week. It was an enormous task and you led it brilliantly. You were so organised and calm. It was a fantastic week because of your hard work, thank you’
- ‘Mr MacDonald put a huge amount of work into Activities Week. Throughout the week he was calm and collected and made sure everything ran smoothly. Well done!’
Mr MacDonald– you are a DGS Star, thank you for all you do!
Jodi Hastie S3 (Support and Respect)
- Jodi is an excellent student , she shows great respect for students and teachers, she listens to what they say and their opinions and always shows support for other people. She is also really hardworking and she definitely deserves star of the week !
Charlie Dawson S1 (Respect)
- Charlie is an exceptionally polite, helpful and hardworking student. Kind to others and just an absolute pleasure to teach. He’s a wee star every day!
Update from our School Uniform Suppliers
Please follow the link for update on uniform supplies, including the order deadline of 10th July: Embroidered Schoolwear & Clubwear (border-embroideries.co.uk)
Important SQA Updates
- See the following link for information on the appeals process for 2022: SQA Appeals 2022
DGS Sports Clubs are now open to book for Term 3
- To book your child on to one of our many Sports Clubs please use link below: https://eastlothian.bookinglive.com/home/active-schools/active-schools-dunbar-grammar
- Any questions please contact our Active School Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Community – Key Safety Message
Please see attached booklet from RNLI. As young people are linked to being at significant risk in regard to water safety particularly as the weather improves.
Clubs and Study Support Information
- Study Support – Live Webinar Lessons – Access the webinars from Digital learning from Comhairle Nan Eilean Siar | e-Sgoil using your Glow log in details (please contact the school office for Glow details if you don’t have them)
- DGS Study Clubs Booklet – Google Docs
- DGS Extra-Curricular Clubs – Google Docs
- 22-05-24 Information Sheet
- Dyslexia Scotland South East Information
- Venturing Out Summer Leaflet 2022
- Drop In Flyer -Summer 2022 – Speech and Language Therapy
- ELC Young Carers Service: Who is a Young Carer? | Young Carers | East Lothian Council
- How to apply or renew free school meals and school clothing grants: https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210557/schools_and_learning/11899/free_school_meals_and_clothing_grants/2
- Resources for Parents/Carers of Anxious Students
- Please see the following website for first time applications for Young Scot free travel for under 22s: getyournec.scot.
- EL Vacancy newsletter – 27052022
- Modern Apprenticeship information: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/
- Edinburgh College website https://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/
- Career Help: https://www.edubuzz.org/midandeastvacancies/
Senior Student Study Resources
This is a reminder that in addition to revision work and tasks on Google Classroom, additional work/learning can be accessed using Scholar UK, Achieve, E-sgoil and the National E-Learning offer Senior Phase (S4-S6). Furthermore, all students can now access recorded video lessons on @West_OS using their Glow login to support their learning and revision at home! (If they do not have their Glow Login details please ask them to email email@example.com to request these from our admin team). Students can find West_OS in the Glow App Library where they will be able to add the tile to their personal Glow Launchpad. There are lots of quality assured video lessons available for all our students across a range of subjects. Students will find this a great resource to support their learning and revision on Glow @GlowScot. The SQA website also has a range of useful resources covering course content, past papers and marking schemes and well worth using
Finally, we would also like to remind all students that the How to Pass presentations have a vast array of hints, tips and resources for each specific subject:
- Art & Design – Nat5/Higher
- Business Management
- Early Learning & Childcare
- Environmental Science – Nat 5
- Media – Nat 5
- Mod Languages – Higher
- RMPS Nat 5
- Please email with a return date, or email each day: firstname.lastname@example.org