Senior Phase Curriculum
At DGS we have worked hard to devise a flexible curriculum which meets the needs of all students. The integration of our S4/5/6 senior phase is designed to:
- Support excellence in attainment for all
- provide increased options to meet the needs of all learners in the senior phase – students should study at a level appropriate to their stage not age. Students in S5/6 should have access to study National level courses as well as Highers and Advanced Highers.
- Support students to stay on at school through a wider range of options for qualifications and a curricular architecture that allows us the flexibility to continually explore new courses and pathways.
- Offer courses that are tailored offering young people a varied choice and flexibility within their study.
How to Pass Information
- Art and Design – All Levels
- Biology – Nat 5
- Biology – Higher
- CDT – Graph Comm, Eng Sci, Des & Man, Pract WW
- Chemistry – All Levels
- Computing Science – All Levels
- Drama – All Levels
- Maths – Nat 5
- Maths – Higher
- Modern Languages – All Levels
- Modern Studies – All Levels
- PE – All Levels
- Physics – Nat 5
- Politics – Higher
- Spanish – Nat 5
- Study Skills Booklet