Our staff are specifically employed and trained to work with students who need extra support in order to complete their learning successfully.
We work with students with a wide variety of learning disabilities such as physically disabled, sensory impaired, speech and language difficulties such as dyslexia, autism, emotionally vulnerable, behavioral difficulties or have a combination of these disabilities.
We identify individual needs and create a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- teaching either individuals or small groups of pupils within or outside the class
- preparing lessons and resources;
- marking and assessing work;
- developing and adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils;
- using special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning;
- collaborating with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the students in relation to the curriculum;
- assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual students special needs;
- liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists;
- liaising closely with parents and guardians;
- organising learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events;
- assisting in severely disabled pupils’ personal care/medical needs;
- administration, including updating and maintaining records on pupils’ progress;
- attending statutory annual reviews or other related meetings, such as Looked After Child (LAC) reviews, regarding students with an SEN, which may involve reviewing statements of special educational needs;
- receiving in-service training;
- behavior management.
Our Staff .
This is our dedicated and motivated team.
Mrs S Park. Principal Teacher
Mrs F Payton. Teacher
A Campbell. Auxillary
A Wyatt. Pupil Support Worker
J Alexander. Auxillary
L Clark: Auxillary
M Corrigan. Auxillary
I Duncanson. Auxillary
J McIntyre: Auxillary
S Smith. Auxillary