Please click on the link below to view our December 2018 Newsletter:
We are looking for a Senior Early Years Practitioner to join our team. Apply below.
The National Youth Choir of Scotland (NYCoS) and East Lothian Council are delighted to be able to offer a full term of FREE singing sessions for all children in P3 to P7 local authority schools.
There are six venues to choose from and we have choices on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays. There will be a joint concert at The Brunton in April to mark the end of the project.
All details are in the attached NYCoS Leaflet 2019. Your child should also receive a paper copy in their school bag at some point between October and the end of this term.
In addition, all P3 children will receive a taster session during school time.
For more information and with any questions contact Charlotte McMillan (Email: email@example.com Tel: 0131 653 5252).
Booking is online, via this link and must be done BEFORE Tuesday 18th December otherwise a place will not be guaranteed.
YMI Community Arts Worker (Part time : Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
East Lothian Council Arts Service
We are looking for some volunteers to come & do some secret wrapping in school. Friday 30th November & Friday 7th December are the dates we are looking for helpers & anytime you can lend a hand between 8.45am & 12. All resources are provided as will be tea & coffee.
Bookbug Explorer Bag
The Bookbug Explorer Bag is given out at nursery when your child is aged 3.
The Bookbug Explorer Bag will boost every young adventurer’s love of books and reading, as well as encouraging their writing and drawing.
Your little one will love the sense of discovery and excitement as they dive into longer books. We hope you’ll enjoy cuddling up together to share a new story or enjoy an old favourite.
How do I get my free Bookbug Explorer Bag?
The Bookbug Explorer Bag will be given out on Thursday 22nd November or when your child joins the Nursery after that date.
Does your child have Additional Support Needs?
CALL Scotland have created a fantastic pack of symbolised resources to accompany the books in the Bookbug Explorer bag. The resources can be used with children with Additional Support Needs, communication difficulties and with English as an Additional Language too! You can download the symbol sheet resources below.
You can see symbolised resources in action and get ideas on how they can be used in this video, filmed at Braidburn School in Edinburgh.
What does the Bookbug Explorer Bag include?*
- Three picture books – These beautiful books have been specially selected by a panel of Early Years experts as well as being tested with families.
- My Bookbug Explorer Activity Book – This activity book is a great way to encourage children to talk about the books in their Explorer Bag and share their drawings. There are activity pages based on the books and some handy book recommendations.
- Bookbug Explorer Pencils – These 6 brightly coloured pencils are ideal for children learning to write.
- My Bookbug Explorer CD – This CD is packed full of songs and nursery rhymes for families to enjoy. Many of the songs and rhymes can also be heard at local Bookbug Sessions. You can listen to the tracks online here.
- 4 large postcards – These postcards are perfect for sending to grandparents, neighbours and friends, with plenty of space for children to write their own personal message.
- Bookbug Postcard – A lovely, colourful postcard featuring a song or rhyme from the Bookbug Song and Rhyme Library.
- Parent Leaflet – this includes tips on sharing the books and other items with children.
- Bookbug alerts sign up form – Bookbug Alerts let a parent know when their next Bookbug Bag is due as well as giving them reading tips and book recommendations.
- All contents come in a sturdy child sized canvas bag with smaller handles. Children will love carrying their books around by themselves!