All East Lothian Council schools, nurseries & specialist education provision will remain CLOSED to pupils on Friday 2 March due to adverse weather.
Some activities and learning you you could do whilst not at school and once you have enjoyed the snow.
* Make a fort in your house with bed sheets and read a book inside
* Make some paper snowflakes
* Build a family of snowmen of different heights, try to build them in order from tallest to shortest
* Draw a snow day picture of you in the snow. What are you wearing? Can you label your drawing?
* Create a snow animal, e.g. a snow cat or snow rabbit
* Help an adult to clear the paths outside your house
* Go on www.topmarks.co.uk website and choose some maths/numeracy games to play
* Help an adult to prepare breakfast/lunch/dinner. You could write down all the ingredients.
* You could write a story with FROZEN as the title
* Write a shopping list based on the things that you are running out of at home.
* Make a bird feeder, fill it with seeds and dried fruits and put it in your garden or window sill.
* Draw or paint a snowy scene from your house.
* Write a letter to your teacher telling them all the things you have being doing whilst off.
* Write 10 snow jokes.
See photos for more ideas:
For P1 to P3 try the following sites:
You need to register for this site but it is free and gives a huge selection of ebooks. It also has maths and literacy activities. You can also download an app for Android and IOS.