Dunbar Primary Parent Council are organising a Christmas Jumper Recycling Bank
If anyone has any clothing donations please send them into either Campus with their child.
A stall will be set out on Monday 13 December 2021 at Bleachingfield from 14:30-15.30.
This year’s Dunbar Primary School Santa Run is taking place across Monday 6th December – Friday 10th December 2021 (weather permitting!)
All years P1-P7 are running as many laps as possible round their school playground.
Sponsorship is optional but please note all funds raised for the Parent Council go to supporting and aiding our children’s learning.
Any amount is a good amount so please do what you can – every penny counts! The last 2 years this event has run have been fantastic, and a great fundraiser, enjoyed by everyone. A good run around is exactly what everyone needs at that time of year!
IMPORTANT: Please do not take photography of the children running – photos will be taken by the school – many thanks.
Ways to donate:
Sponsorship can either be per lap or a total amount – it’s up to you.
- School Pay is set up to accept Santa Run sponsorship – go to the charity section.
- Or please hand in any money in a sealed envelope to the class teacher by Friday 10th December who will have a box ready in the classroom. Teachers cannot handle money directly so it must be handed in securely.
This is happening during school hours and should coincide during one of your child’s sports lessons so all you need to remember is a Christmas themed hat and some festive cheer. Bells will be ringing and Christmas music will jingling.
School calendars for 2022 on sale now!
£6 for one or 2 for £10
Calendars can be ordered on School Pay or can be purchased in person at the school gates on certain dates – look out for announcements about when and where on the DPPC Facebook Group. (Please bring exact cash if you can please as it is difficult to manage giving change).
Thank you to Laura Smith for organising this year’s calendar!
Reduce – Reuse – Recycle!
Help us all make the most of school uniforms by donating and reusing with our Uniform Recycling Bank.
With the environment very much in our minds at the moment, this initiative is supporting us all to reduce waste and reuse clothes that their first owners have grown out of.
Donations of clothes can be sent in with the children and collected by the office at either campus. Uniform items are free and Anna Carpico and her team sort them and get the rails out for browsing when they can but you can also contact her direct to request any specific items at: DunbarUniformRecycling@gmail.com
Thanks to all who took part in the 2021 DPPC Pumpkin Carving Contest! We hope you all had a wonderful and fun Halloween!
There were some fantastic submissions with a wide variety of styles including wonderful painted pumpkins, clever use of candles, added fake blood for effect, companion costumes, and of course great artistry and creative concepts! The submissions are viewable here:
And the winners are!
Category 1 – SCARIEST
Winner: Maddie Hill P3C for “My Vampire Cat”
Category 2 -FUNNIEST
Winner: Jamie Baglow P1F for “Jamie B”
Category 3 – MOST UNUSUAL
Winner: Bobby Burnside P3A for “My Unexpected Melting Pumpkin”
Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you to all who created a pumpkin and shared it with us to see!
This Halloween get creative and submit your SCARIEST, FUNNIEST, or MOST UNUSUAL pumpkin creations to our contest!
DUNBAR PRIMARY PARENT COUNCIL’S PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST INFORMATION & RULES
- Must be made from families who attend Dunbar Primary School
- Can be a pumpkin or other carvable vegetable
- Must be submitted by 23:59 on Sunday 31 October 2021
- Must be submitted via DPPC Facebook Group Event and include the details requested
- By making a submission entrants consent to their creation images used on DPPC and Dunbar Primary School’s online presences and in the contest display
- MOST UNUSUAL
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions accepted by photo to the Dunbar Primary Parent Council Facebook Group Event (HERE) with the following information:
- Pumpkin creation name/title
- Category (1, 2, or 3)
- Dunbar Primary Pupil’s name
- Dunbar Primary Pupil’s class
- Judging will take place the week commencing 1 November 2021
- Mrs Gillanders will judge the category winners
- All entries will be displayed at Dunbar Library
- Judging criteria: originality, ingenious use of pumpkin, quality of work, suitability of title, quality of work in light of participant’s age
- Category winners announced Friday 5 November 2021 via social media
- Winners receive a trophy
Huge thank you to everyone who gave their time to the fair last week. Volunteers you were amazing, so many people pitching-in and offering to do extra. Made it run smoothly. Big cheer too for everyone who came and ignored the drizzle. Looks like takings will be over £3000!
Dunbar Primary School Fair BAKE OFF 2019
Have you got what it takes to be named Star Baker 2019?
Star Baker awards for: Best Bake, Mums, Dads, Grandparents, Lochend Campus Student, John Muir Campus Student, Nursery & Sibling (eg. Dunbar Grammar Students)
Prizes include: Voucher for The Dunmuir, Neals Yard Facial, Childrens Cookery Books, Baking Accessories, 4 Ball at Dunbar Golf Club & certificates for prize winners
Baking to be dropped of at JMC Friday 24th and until 11.30am on Saturday 25th.
All entries will be sold at the school fair with the proceeds going to the school