Nursery Toy Sale 2016
Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone involved in the toy sale….we made a massive £540 and have a little more still to come in!! Brilliant team effort and should help bring loads more valuable resources to the nursery..Thanks everyone x
Welcome to DPS Read-a-thon 2015! Read-a-thon is the only fundraiser run for the libraries at Dunbar Primary School and Nursery. Without these funds we could not purchase new books, replace lost or damaged books, or outfit the rooms. It has been 3 years since the last Read-a-thon, so we are hoping for enthusiastic participation! We are aiming for the nursery to raise over £1000! Thank-you for participating!
Read-a-thon officially starts on Monday February 2nd at 8:45 am. Read-a-thon officially ends on Friday February 13th at 8:45 am.
Mel Mitchell and Eden Blair, DPS Parent Council, and Dunbar Primary School
CHRISTMAS TOY AND BOOK SALE
Friday 5th December 2014,
9:00am – 12:00pm,
Dunbar Primary School, John Muir Campus Hall
Good quality second hand toys and books
On Friday 5th December 2014 (9.00am – 12.00pm), parents from Dunbar Primary School nursery will be holding the annual nearly new toy and book sale to raise funds for nursery resources. This is a fantastic event to raise money but is also a good opportunity for you to bag a bargain ahead of Christmas! To make this event successful, we need your help.
Ways you can help:
- Setting up after school on Thursday 4th December 2014
- Volunteering to help at the toy & book sale on Friday 5th December 2014
- Supplying mince pies for the refreshment stall
- Helping clear up at the end of the sale
- Donating good quality used toys and books (to be dropped off at John Muir Campus reception)
- Attending the fair, grabbing a bargain and a coffee
- Putting up posters and encouraging friends and family to come along too.
If you can help with setting up on Thursday 4th, helping at the sale on the 5th, clearing up afterwards or by providing mince pies, please pop your details on the sign up sheets outside each nursery classroom door or contact Jacqueline Preston by email on ‘email@example.com’. Even if you can only donate 30 minutes of your time, it would be a great help.
This group focuses on activities such as:
- Helping out in class and creating a parent helper rota
- Helping with creating and maintaining the Nursery Gardens.
- Helping with the Toy Sale that raises funds for new nursery equipment
- Accompanying a class or smaller groups of Nursery pupils on visits to Dunbar Library.
- Accompanying a class or smaller groups of pupils walking to Lochend woods or the beach for Forest School.
- Organising social events for nursery parents so parents get to know each other.
- Welcoming parents whose first child has joined Nursery
- Transition from Pre-school to P1
- Toilet training and dealing with accidents
- Creating & selling commemorative Nursery Tea towels for the ante-preschool classes