Follow the twitter page @S1Dgs for all information for 2020-21 Dunbar Grammar Students
Timetable for P5 for rest of this week 🙂
Good morning P2a!
Welcome to another week of home learning! We will be continuing with minibeasts and moving on from poetry to think about newspapers in our writing and, of course, more Charlotte’s Web!
But, most excitingly, it is our virtual sports day all week! You have until Friday to upload your scores and times to make sure your team is in with a chance of winning!
Here is an overview of our week and a suggested timetable for each day:Weekly Overview 1st June
Any questions, please get in touch!
Mrs Thomson x
Good morning P5.
Here is your suggested timetable for the next two days. As usual it is also on Google Classroom.
See you there soon!
I can’t believe it’s June already and there are only 4 weeks left of this school year! Where has the time gone? You have all grown so much, physically and in your learning capacities. Let’s make the most of these last few weeks in P1.
For the next couple of weeks our learning will be centred on the story of ‘My friend the weather monster’. Once again, I have had great fun planning the lessons to accompany this story and really hope you will have just as much, if not more fun using them to explore your learning.
Monday is a very special day where we celebrate and thank our grown-ups for all the things they do for us. Being a parent is tricky at the best of times, but recently, when many of our grown- ups have had to juggle so many different things as well as help us with our learning, I think we have an even bigger thank you to say to them. So, along with our timetable for the week, I have also attached some suggested activities that you might like to have a look at to give you some inspiration for things you might be able to do to show your grown-ups just how much you love them and to thank them for all that they do.
Looking forward to seeing you in the classroom,
I hope you all enjoyed your virtual camp last week!
Here is your suggested timetable for Monday and Tuesday of this week. As usual it is also on Google Classroom.
Once again, please find attached the suggested learning activities for the coming week.
Whilst I have uploaded the usual range of curricular based lessons, there is also the opportunity to make the most of National Chidlren’s Gardening Week by clicking here to visit and explore amazing website created by Mrs Pentony.
Enjoy the choices and challenges, but remember to please, put your health and wellbeing first.
Hoping you all have a lovely week and looking forward to continuing the journey with you.
Hi Primary 5 and your Parents and Carers,
As you all know this was the day we were supposed to be leaving for our Innerwick Experience. However the world had other ideas so instead I have planned a few days of activities we can enjoy and take the change to recharge our batteries. Our health and wellbeing has never been so important as it is at the moment so I hope you take this opportunity to take a breath and enjoy doing a few things that are different from what we have been doing over the past few weeks. Enjoy!
P7 Home Learning
Every week you should complete the following listed below. Every day I am uploading daily tasks on google classroom. Please do as much as you can and find a balance in your family focusing as well on your health and wellbeing, connecting with our families, taking time to recap and revise our skills and to develop our own passions and interests. This week is outdoor classroom day on Thursday! It looks like it will be great weather!
Every week you should complete and try to share with me :
- Spelling – practise your spellings any way you want.
- Writing – choose something from the literacy grids, the daily activity or bitesize
- Reading – AR, listen to our class novel, read for pleasure, read to a sibling
- Maths – choose something from the maths grids, the daily activity or bitesize
- PE – Miss Gordon as posted our Virtual Sports Day on her google classroom. It looks like great fun! Check it out!
- Music- make sure you check out Mrs Mailer’s music google classroom
- German – Mrs Ballantyne will be posting activities on Wednesdays on our google classroom.
- Topic – your natural disaster presentation is due the week beginning 25th May
- Transition – we will now be having weekly transition activities on the lead up to your move to high school
- Google meet chats- we have video call chats twice a day at 11am and 3pm where we go over the day and play games/ have a chat. It would be great to see more of you there! Even if you turn off your camera and don’t want to speak it’s just great to check in!
I post the daily timetable and activities every day on our google classroom. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.