The end of another busy week!
- P2 and P3 have enjoyed Money Sense workshops, learning about all things finance!
- P6 have started their rugby tasters this week with the Rugby Development Officer.
- Some of our entrepreneurial P6s held a Bake sale and raised £80 for Water Aid and the School.
Our teachers have all been learning too – at a cluster session on teaching French, and I have been to a training session on evaluating the teaching of number in classrooms.
Thank you for supporting the Book Fair – we have just over £500 in commission to spend on new books of all sorts.
Three PE students have joined us – they will be working with Miss Gordon for 8 weeks across the year and will also have a block of teaching nearer Easter.
I met this week with our new Cluster Family Support worker Marie Prior ( funded by the Dunbar and East Linton Area Partnership) and Helen Harper our Community Learning Development lead and a flyer is coming to you next week about some open sessions they will be running in school – to support you as families and to build links between school and home.
- Class newsletters and targets will be issued
- Camp meeting for current P6’s at West Barns Primary 6pm on Tuesday
- P1 are off to visit the library
- P5 have their rearranged visit to the Royal Observatory
- We are sharing our nursery good practice with colleagues from East Lothian nurseries on Friday afternoon
- P3 are looking forward to sharing their learning with their families on Monday – invitations from other classes coming very soon!
Thanks to donations from our enterprising parents who held a clothing swap and the Linton Hotel our Playpod is going to be fully stocked up and ready to go on Monday 19th November – hooray!!!
Follow us online:
Have a good weekend,