Key advice for parents and carers In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
• Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
• Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
• Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed off immediately after use.
• You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
• Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads.
Children should not return to school until completely well and 48 hours after symptoms have stopped
The below address will take you to a survey to have your say on policing in East Lothian over the next 3 years
Please click on the link below to take part in the Scottish Government’s consultation on Out of School Hours Care for children.
Christmas Countdown 2019
Click on the link above for all the details for the next few busy weeks!
Thank you to Heather and the team at East Linton Library for the wonderful extracts from the works of Roald Dahl – we loved working out which books they came from and talking about all the books we are reading just now.
Today our second level pupils – P5,6 & 7s – worked together in trios to reflect on their learning this term and to plan for their next steps. We encouraged our pupils to see the progression in the learning in their assessment jotters – as individuals and across the three classes. Well done everyone!
Our first Pupil Focus group used the Think, Puzzle, Explore thinking routine to make some plans for our playground – some fantastic ideas!
ELPS s and q June 19
ELPS SIP 1920
Please click on the link to see our school improvement plan and Standards and Quality report for this session. If you can help/be involved in any way please do get in touch.