- Date 9th February 2011
- Time 1000 to 1430 (registration opens 0930)
- Venue John Muir Country Park
- Courses P4/5 course (compete as pairs); P6/7 course (solo)
- Prizes School trophy for P4/5 and for P6/7
How to enter
- Sign up your school for an approximate arrival time here
- Complete registration form (P4/5and P6/7) and return to Martyn at the Outdoor Learning Service address
- Contact your Outdoor Learning Teacher (Martyn; Liz; Andy) for some orienteering development within your school
- As a Teacher sign up to the Teaching Orienteering Part1 course taking place in February 2011.
The course itself may only take a short while – very dependent upon ability of students – however will require a little time to register (1min per pupil) and to get to and from the start/finish (3min)
For previous years times – winning and otherwise – please click here
Please note – as usual at this annual event there is no time for teaching of pupils in the skills of map reading – all competing pupils need to know how to set a map and recognise basic symbols as minimum. The courses are open to primary pupils all day 0930 – 1430.
You will be allocated a start time before the end of January – please make your preference known at the link above (number 1) (please be aware that you are merely stating a preference – please do not confirm transport booking times until you have received confirmation arrival times toward the end of January.)
It would be fantastic to have every East Lothian Primary represented at this event – even if you are only sending a crack squad of a handful (or a handful is your whole school – e.g. Humbie! – please make every effort to share transport and staff to get to this event).
If you have further questions regarding this event then please email Martyn.