Mountain Bike Trail Leader
ELC Outdoor Learning Service are pleased to be a provider of CyclingUK Mountain Bike Trail Leader.
Cycling UK’s Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to lead groups on gentle terrain less than 600m above sea level and without the need for riders to steer a path around obstacles.
The course includes tuition for your own off-road skills, and assessment of your new-found skills.
- Lead groups of adults, young people and children on rides
- Manage groups with a range of riding experience
- Prepare for rides, anticipate and minimise safety factors
- Develop and apply risk assessments, operating procedures and dynamic risk management
- Provide fun, engaging and developmental sessions for your participants
- Understand access rights across the UK and beyond
- Complete and review rides, using self-reflective principles
Success at this level of course will open up the whole of East Lothian to being explored by bike for groups.
Mountain Bike Trail Leader course will happen on the following dates in 2019. Please note the dates below are all one course and all dates must be attended. The base venue will be Musselburgh Outdoor Learning Service – EH21 7SR.
12 (1 till 5pm) and 13 (8.30am to 5pm) March
19 (1 till 5pm) and 20 March(8.30am to 5pm) March
Registration is direct with CyclingUK at the following link
Booking code – Please call Keith or Martyn on 01315635217
Cost to ELC staff and volunteers £50. Normal cost of course £360
Please book on as soon as possible provided you are happy with the pre-requisites
Payment of £50 to CyclingUK must be made at time of booking. This is registration fee with CyclingUK. There are no other costs associated with this course to staff and volunteers within East Lothian Council.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
and tagged CPD
. Bookmark the permalink