Duration: 2 Days
Level 2 qualification
No previous first aid experience needed
Minimum age 16+
This is is a nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a responsibility to provide first aid in outdoor and activity based environments. It is ideal for those involved in sports coaching in their workplace or the community. Please note this course is not suitable for the workplace.
- This is a regulated qualification with a minimum of 12 classroom learning hours – learners must attend the full course in order to gain certification.
- The revalidation for this qualification is a further 2 day Activity First Aid course every 3 years.
- First aid is physically challenging – learners must be able to fully engage with all practical elements and be able to work on the floor in order to meet the assessment criteria
- Due to the practical nature of this course, appropriate and comfortable clothing is advised.
- If you require any additional support to help you access this course, please let us know at time of booking wherever possible.
- This course meets criteria 1.4 of the Standard for Career-Long Professional Learning
- Role & responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position
- CPR & AED use
- Heart Attack
- Head, neck & spinal injuries
- Chest & abdominal injuries
- Fractures & dislocations
- Strains & sprains
- External bleeding
- Burns & scalds
- Eye injuries
- Extremes of temperature
- Minor injuries
Assessments for this course are 1 multiple choice question paper and practical scenarios which are assessed informally throughout the course.
We will do our best to make adaptations for learners who have a disability, medical condition or learning need however, to comply with first aid regulations, learners must be able to meet the minimum standards for assessment, which include performing CPR and recovery position on the floor.
If you think you might need additional help to complete any part of this course or the assessment, please let us know at the time of booking.