Half day course
No previous first aid experience needed
Minimum age 14+
Valid 1 year
Following a cardiac arrest, every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces a casualty’s chance of survival by 10%.
We estimate 60,000 out of hospital cardiac arrests happen in the UK every year, and yet statistics show that most members of the public are unaware of the life-saving difference they can make by performing CPR and defibrillation.
This Level 2 qualification has been designed to provide learners with the skills needed to administer safe, prompt and effective basic life support and use an AED safely in emergency situations.
This course is aimed at anyone wanting to learn key life-saving skills. It is ideal for those in community groups / premises with access to a defibrillator. Please note it does not provide sufficient knowledge for first aiders in the workplace.
- This is a Level 2 regulated qualification – learners must attend the full course in order to gain certification.
- The revalidation for this qualification is a further Level 2 course every year.
- First aid is physically challenging – learners must be able to fully engage with all practical elements and be able to work on the floor in order to meet the assessment criteria.
- Due to the practical nature of this course, appropriate and comfortable clothing is advised.
- If you require any additional support to help you access this course, please let us know at time of booking wherever possible.
- Chain of survival
- Casualty assessment
- Unconscious casualties
- Non-breathing casualties
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Safe use of an AED
- Combining an AED with CPR
- Using an AED on a child
- Procedures when the emergency services arrive
This course is assessed through practical observation.
We will do our best to make adaptations for learners who have a disability, medical condition. If you think you might need additional help to complete any part of this course or the assessment, please let us know at the time of booking.