Duration: 3 Days
Regulated & SQA Accredited
No previous first aid experience needed
Minimum age 16+
Suitable for the workplace
This course covers a range of injuries and illnesses that could happen at work and will equip first aiders with the skills to respond confidently in an emergency.
First Aid at Work is recommended as best-practice for higher-risk working environments such as those working with chemicals or machinery, including high schools . If you’re not sure what level of first aid cover you need, we can help you complete a ‘First Aid Needs Assessment’ to identify which is the most suitable course for your circumstances.
- This is a regulated qualification with a minimum of 18 classroom learning hours – learners must attend the full course in order to gain certification.
- The revalidation for this qualification is a 2 day FAW Revalidation course every 3 years.
- First aid is physically challenging – learners must be fit enough to fully engage with all practical elements and be able to work on the floor in order to meet the assessment criteria.
- Due to the practical nature of this course, appropriate and comfortable clothing is advised.
- If you require any additional support to help you access this course, please let us know at time of booking wherever possible.
- This course meets criteria 1.4 of the Standard for Career-Long Professional Learning
- Roles & responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position
- Adult CPR and defibrillation
- Heart Attack
- Epilepsy & Seizures
- Wounds and bleeding
- Fractures & dislocations
- Head & spinal injuries
- Strains & sprains
- Chest injuries
- Minor injuries
- Burns & scalds
- Eye injuries
Assessments for this course are 1 written question paper and practical scenarios which are assessed informally throughout the course.
We will do our best to make adaptations for learners who have a disability, medical condition or learning need however, to comply with first aid regulations, learners must be able to meet the minimum standards for assessment, which include performing CPR and recovery position on the floor.
If you think you might need additional help to complete any part of this course or the assessment, please let us know at the time of booking.