Today we went on a walk. We went to see around Elphinstone. We went to the park. On our walk we saw a speed bump, some traffic lights, houses, a water fountain, some cars, a lamp post, the miners club, the old pub, the shop, a farm and Layton’s house.
We still have more exploring to do around Elphinstone. By P1/2
Our topic this term is Our Local Area. Today we had a look at some simple maps and learned about a compass.
Yesterday we had so much fun in the snow. In the afternoon we made snowy pictures and this morning we worked on a snow survey. We used the results of our snow survey to make a graph.
Today we have been learning in the snow.
- “I learned how to make a Snowdog.” Grace
- “I learned how to make a snowball. I threw 3 at Mrs Beasley.” Scot
- “I learned that your not supposed to kick a snowball to make it bigger.” Ellie
- “I learned about counting in 3’s.” Ellen
- “I learned about jumping and counting in 2’s.” Ollie
- “I counted how long it took to sledge down the hill.” Aaron
- “I learned how to make a big snowman.” Kristiana
- “I learned how to count in 2’s.” Emma
- “I learned if you run you will warm up.”
- “I learned that playing in the snow is very cold!” Braegyn
We had a change of plan for PE today due to pupil group meetings, so we decided to do one of Joe Wicks school fitness challenges. It was great fun and the kids did a fantastic job of following all the moves. Well done!
We had a change to our morning routine today, as one of the pupils came up with the idea of signing in to register each pupil so we could if anyone was absent. All the pupils really enjoyed writing their name on the board. Beautiful handwriting! Great idea, well done.
In P.E. this week we have been thinking about the different ways animals move their bodies. We have had lots of fun copying the movements they make and using describing words to talk about we are doing. Here is a short video of us jumping like frogs.
Today we read a poem called ‘ I Like Me!’ by Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz. We then talked about what things we like about ourselves and others. We then decided to write our owns poems adding in all things we like about ourselves.