How Can You Help?
The home plays an essential part in this initiative because parents, carers and other family members can make a real difference to children’s learning.
Young people learn at school, you can supplement that with support at ome by, for example, showing an interest in their hopes and plans for the future, and helping them to guide them towards the best sources of information and help.
Do you know
- your child’s strengths, interests and abilities?
- what types of jobs need these skills?
- where to go for help and guidance on decisions?
- about your child’s future after school?
- ask your child/children about Enterprise
- tell them about different kinds of employment
- encourage them to take on responsibility in school and at home
- help them to cope with the challenges of life and school.work