Welcome to the Guidance Department!
Here are some helpful tips for working at home during the Coronavirus incident.
Guidance for parents and carers in the event of school closure due to Coronovirus
It is very important to maintain structure and routine for your child while schools are closed. The following 10 tips may help you to maintain your child’s health and well-being.
- Your child will be learning from your response to the current situation. Seeing you staying calm and resilient will be crucial to helping them cope with the circumstances.
- Set up times for getting up and going to bed for your child.
- Have regular times for meals.
- Build in time for fresh air and exercise as far as this is possible.
- Structure your child’s day so that they have a variety of activities and break times.
- Create a menu of activities and share these with your child at night so that you and your child know what is happening the next day.
- Review the day’s activities and talk about what your kids have done. A sense of accomplishment is important for kids.
- Make Monday to Friday different from the weekend
- Decide when and for how long your child will have access to electronic devices and for what purpose.
- Maintain contact with friends and family through technology.
The directory of East Lothian Services has lots of useful contacts.