As you are aware, we have had a number of children who have been unwell as a result of respiratory illness. The main symptoms being reported include:
– sore throat
– muscle aches
– sore tummy
– cold/flu like symptoms
We would advise parents to take note of the following advice from NHS.
In the home the risk of catching or spreading flu/cold like illness can be reduced by:
• Regular hand washing with liquid soap and running water
• Covering nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
• Using a disposable paper tissue, disposed of immediately after use.
• You can teach your child to sneeze into the ‘crook’ of their arm rather than their hands, if they don’t have a tissue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQINuSTP1jI
• Good general cleaning of surface that everyone touches often e.g. TV remote, light switches, door handles, toilet flushes and tap heads.
CHILDREN SHOULD NOT RETURN TO SCHOOL UNTIL COMPLETELY WELL AND 48 HOURS AFTER THE SYMPTOMS HAVE CEASED.